Knowledge to Action - Prop course

Hi all,

I am new to FOREX and this forum.

Not sure if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if anyone has done/looked into K2A’s prop course.

I was given a call by these guys last week to talk about a new Prop course that they have…they give more advanced strategies in it (than the ultimate forex course), and when you are done, you can be a prop trader for K2A - they give you 20k of their money to trade with, and you get to keep 60% of the profits.

Anyway…if anyone has any thoughts, I’d appreciate it.
Thanks
Ed.

You better need to collect more information about these guys. You never know about the things they promised to offer. What is the course fee ? What they teach traders ?

Well…I have heard some negative things about these guys in relation to their basic course - ie that they try to on-sell other courses etc.

This course, while a little dearer ($7k), is ‘supposed’ to be better. I figure, if you are going to be trading with their money after the course then they wouldnt be trying to sell you something else.

They have been doing this course for a year in Australia, and 2 years in the UK, I believe. Just havent found anyone who has done it and can tell me about it…

You talking about K2A by Greg Secker? If you are talking about him… Dont.

Please, just dont. Hes the type of guy who makes his salary from teaching instead of trading, I hate those sort of people, because what may seem like social good, quickly turns into something not so sweet.

I mean, if you’re willing to pay him several thousands for crap systems… Im in the wrong business. :open_mouth:

Just dont, please…

So I told you what NOT to do… Heres something you SHOULD do - Look at 2ndskiesforex’s website and learn a ton from his free articles, then once you’ve done that. Join one of his courses and build on it.

Seriously, Chris Capre is the bomb man.

Hope that helps,
Apex.

[QUOTE=“ApexPredator;572459”]You talking about K2A by Greg Secker? If you are talking about him… Dont. Please, just dont. Hes the type of guy who makes his salary from teaching instead of trading, I hate those sort of people, because what may seem like social good, quickly turns into something not so sweet. I mean, if you’re willing to pay him several thousands for crap systems… Im in the wrong business. :open_mouth: Just dont, please… So I told you what NOT to do… Heres something you SHOULD do - Look at 2ndskiesforex’s website and learn a ton from his free articles, then once you’ve done that. Join one of his courses and build on it. Seriously, Chris Capre is the bomb man. Hope that helps, Apex.[/QUOTE]

Well, generally I like your posts, Apex, but I have to say please don’t throw around words like ‘hate’ like that. You don’t know Greg, I doubt that you have taken his course, and it isn’t helpful to throw in such inflammatory, over-the-top language, particularly when you are coming at it from a distance.

I learned from his course and am now profitable and full time, by the looks of it one of the very few on this site who is. So by all means don’t be a fan of courses, by all means think that £2k is overly expensive (although it does include a lot more than most), but stating a public hatred of someone for offering an expensive course? Not up to your usual standard.

I agree with your positive review of Chris. So you see, I’m not all grumpy!

ST

Im going to keep my mouth shut because I know more than you think I do…

But thank you for your measured response Simon, I dont think you’re grumpy at all, but Eddy asked if anyone has looked into K2A, and I have, and I wasnt very impressed. I did look at his “income generator” system, which apparently was one of his best systems… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: What a joke.

But anyways, its not really about the money side of things, I wouldnt mind joining Anton Kreil’s Instutrade course for example which is equally expensive, because at the end of the day, I trust Anton and his abilities in the same way I trust Chris and his abilities.

Search Greg Seckers name on YouTube and watch his videos… This one for example Learn about Stock Trading Training - all about Stock Trading - YouTube

Notice how he has 100% dislikes on the video, I havent even thumbed him down yet!
Its just that vibe man! Such a bad sales pitch (especially in that video)! Comon, you have to understand what Im saying… I couldnt trust him anyway…

Im happy you have acheived success under him, and trading full time, I will never be able to join those ranks since Im also a football coach in training (something I could never give up), which along with trading is one of my goals in life. But congrats to you anyway. Really good stuff.

But yeah, to the OP EddyR, his vibe is the key point I wanted to make in this post… If the way he sounds in that video is something that appeals to you, then I have nothing more to say, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

Peace,
Apex.

[QUOTE=“ApexPredator;572522”]Im going to keep my mouth shut because I know more than you think I do… But thank you for your measured response Simon, I dont think you’re grumpy at all, but Eddy asked if anyone has looked into K2A, and I have, and I wasnt very impressed. I did look at his “income generator” system, which apparently was one of his best systems… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: What a joke. But anyways, its not really about the money side of things, I wouldnt mind joining Anton Kreil’s Instutrade course for example which is equally expensive, because at the end of the day, I trust Anton and his abilities in the same way I trust Chris and his abilities. Search Greg Seckers name on YouTube and watch his videos… This one for example Learn about Stock Trading Training - all about Stock Trading - YouTube Notice how he has 100% dislikes on the video, I havent even thumbed him down yet! Its just that vibe man! Such a bad sales pitch (especially in that video)! Comon, you have to understand what Im saying… I couldnt trust him anyway… Im happy you have acheived success under him, and trading full time, I will never be able to join those ranks since Im also a football coach in training (something I could never give up), which along with trading is one of my goals in life. But congrats to you anyway. Really good stuff. But yeah, to the OP EddyR, his vibe is the key point I wanted to make in this post… If the way he sounds in that video is something that appeals to you, then I have nothing more to say, and I wish you all the best in your future endeavours. Peace, Apex.[/QUOTE]

Lol hi Apex I’m sorry if I assumed less knowledge than you have, I apologise.

I hadn’t seen that particular video - I’ve never done the stocks side - but I can forgive them a cheesey sales pitch as I’m pretty good at tuning out the selling and looking at the mechanics. But I know we’re all different so some just get a bad vibe from the videos. I’m generally watching Eric Thomas vids so don’t tend to see many K2A ones!

I made a lot of money on IGs in 2010 & 2011 but haven’t traded them since as I think other approaches work better, these days. Overall I have made much more than my investment back off just the basic course, and am now full time which is great for those of us with young families (I spend more time shuttling four kids around to school, football training etc than I do in front of the PC!), so I’m a fan of the product.

I don’t have any personal link to the company, though, and am entirely relaxed about most on here dissing them, as long as it’s honest. You’re always honest and equally measured so please don’t think I was attacking you.

Anyway, sorry I made a rash assumption and have a great birthday!

ST

Thanks for the suggestions.

Simon, have you heard of the prop course? I cant seem to get to much info on it, and am a bit concerned with the sales pitch vs what they actually provide.

I too have a young family, and the idea of being able to work from home in my own time appeals to me, just not sure I can risk the $7k outlay for a course without knowing much about it.

Thanks

I haven’t been to any seminars or took forex courses for a fee, especially $7K. You can fund an account with $500 and you will learn a lot by doing that. That’s just me.

I found this review in Liveforextrading
Knowledge To Action Review

[QUOTE=“EddyR;573463”]Thanks for the suggestions. Simon, have you heard of the prop course? I cant seem to get to much info on it, and am a bit concerned with the sales pitch vs what they actually provide. I too have a young family, and the idea of being able to work from home in my own time appeals to me, just not sure I can risk the $7k outlay for a course without knowing much about it. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi Eddy,

I have heard of it, although I think it’s moderately new. I have not done that course myself. I think they stake you some money to trade with on a profit-share basis, as long as you trade within certain parameters, but I haven’t taken the course - I took the regular course four years ago.

I found that the basic course did all I needed - with four young kids, nine months to nine years, I can be around for school runs etc while making more money than I ever did ‘working for the man’, hence my advocacy of trading and education.

I’d ask K2A to send you more blurb, but for a more impartial view there is one occasional BP visitor I know of who took the prop course - drop me a PM and I’ll send you his screen name.

Sorry not to be more helpful.

ST

I am actually in the K2A program and I have found the support extremely good. I signed up almost exactly one year ago and am in their continuous mentorship program. It is by no means a “silver bullet” but it is a structured, disciplined approach to trading. They are based in the UK and (in my opinion) have gone far above and beyond what services they were contractually obligated to provide.

Is participating in their program going to make you rich? Absolutely not. Does it have the potential to short-cut years of hard-earned trading mistakes? Definately. Really it is about giving you some basic tools to go out the the markets to test and start the long, arduous process of learning to trade. They follow it up with coaching calls where you have to explain your methods that you employed to get in and out of the trade. They keep you accountable to ensure that you follow YOUR rules, rather than trying a one-size-fits-all approach.

With respect to ANY trading system it comes down to your own discipline. If you can follow the rules of position sizing and some techniques for creating signals on how to get in and get out of trades, then you can be successful.

Personally, I have found the K2A to be impressive and the company operating out of high integrity. I’m frustrated by folks flaming K2A and Greg Secker without having first-hand experience. I think that they’re great.

In summary, be wise how you invest the $7k and realize that it is only YOU who will determine your success. K2A does provide excellent structure, rules and support but it is up to the individual trader to implement it. Good luck Ed whichever way that you decide.

-Eric

Great K2A standard sales pitch… :56:

Regards,
Apex.

It’s really hard to just do a search before posting a question huh?

http://forums.babypips.com/newbie-island/36608-knowledge-2-action-scam.html

[QUOTE=“ApexPredator;573736”] Great K2A standard sales pitch… :56: Regards, Apex.[/QUOTE]

Lol well you like a Chris Capre sales pitch so I guess everyone has their favourite subjects!

I like both, I’m a renaissance man!

Apex, since he said he join the program then it is a testimony not a Sales pitch!

Haha. Chris never had to be a salesman to me… Actually, he knows I took a year just to sign up to him. Its in my nature to not rush decisions, but after learning so much from the free articles on his website, I felt I was ready to join his course…

But I take your point. :wink:

Apex.

No. No. SIMON’s post was more of a testimony…

As for “Eric” - If thats his real name :18::30::54: You know what… Im not a man of conspiracies, so I’ll keep my mouth shut.
But Greg is good at turning testimonies into a below par sales pitch: Knowledge to Action Review - Maxine G. - YouTube

I smell smelly socks… And its not coming from me…

:smiley:

Peace out,
Enjoy life,
And live the adventure,
Apex.

Haha!.. so I take it whatever “Simon says” is a testimony :)…I just have to say it ST! lol

To me it is not a Sales pitch as he is still in the program and that he is just voicing his personal experience and opinion about the K2A base on his own experience… and he even leave it to the OP to decide whatever he think that it is best for him… hmmm let see, maybe just ask Eric directly.

Hey Eric,

Out of curiousity. Are you trying to sell or are you just giving your opinion/testimony about K2A?
If you are selling, I am interested to see pictures via powerpoint with a yacth or 2, Bugatti or maybe just an Audie (Lambo is so over used around here), ohh and dont forget the hot babes (you know you have to “sell it” to the majority of Male traders…:wink: )

Thank you in advance.

PS: Apex, maybe you should do your laundry twice to avoid smelly socks! LOL j/k!

BBC Radio 4 show Face the Facts Investigates Knowledge To Action Wednesday May 8th at 12.30pm.
All that this course teaches can be found on Baby Pips Free ! nead i say more ?
Demo trade then when you are ready use the money that you would have spent on Greg’s course to trade.

[QUOTE=“martinpphillips;573811”]BBC Radio 4 show Face the Facts Investigates Knowledge To Action Wednesday May 8th at 12.30pm. All that this course teaches can be found on Baby Pips Free ! nead i say more ? Demo trade then when you are ready use the money that you would have spent on Greg’s course to trade.[/QUOTE]

But without context and guidance the vast majority of people will never make consistent money using purely stuff they found for free. Just look around the various Internet fora.