Recommended Reads

Does anyone have any books or magazines to recommend? I need something that is easy for a beginner to understand. I am reading the school here, so I would really prefer something that talks about more trading systems/methods and trading psychology.

1 Like

I haven’t read any books yet, I am just scrounging the internet for information/answers. I would be interested in something on trading psychology and money management, for myself.

1 Like

I would like to hear some recommendations myself. I am looking for just about anything that an experienced trader would deem helpful.

1 Like

trading in the zone by mark douglas is a must read. good luck.

1 Like

I’m new to trading too. I found running through the School of Pipsology taught me a fair bit about the basics concepts of Forex.

1 Like

Kathy Lien’s “Day Trading and Swing Trading the Currency Market” is a good read for information on fundamental analysis and the markets … there are some methods there that I dont necessarily subscribe to, but the market analysis information is great.

1 Like

Here’s a book list which was compiled a few months ago ——— 301 Moved Permanently

Currency Trading For Dummies
Day Trading and Swing trading the currency market
Mastering The Currency Market: forex strategies for high and low volatility markets
The Zurich Axioms
Come into my Trading Room
Technical Analysis Explained

My dealer recommended me to get:
Beat the Forex Dealer
Technical Analysis of the Financial Markets: A Comprehensive Guide to Trading Methods and Applications

Other Trading / investment type books Im reading:
Reminiscences of a Stock Operator
The Warren Buffet Way
Market Wizzards

Also there are previous threads of recommended books as well.

“The Way of the Turtle” is a must read for anyone starting to trade in any market. It doesn’t cover anything about FX, but it is a crucial read for systems development/back testing.

Yes I do need a copy of that.

It’s very well written and easy to understand, as long as you have a basic understanding of concepts in statistics. I honestly couldn’t put the book down, and have included several metrics outlined in the book into my back testing.

Who is your version written by?

Curtis Faith

I found another of her books called The Little Book of Currency Trading in audio format for free on an app called Hoopla.

I downloaded it and will be starting it as soon as I finish another book I started.

Thanks for the lead!