Irc.ircforex.com?

Does anyone know what happened to ircforex server? I used to go there and chat once in while but now I can’t connect to it nor can I go to their webpage. I can ping www.ircforex.com but if I go there I get page not found. I can’t ping irc.ircforex.com at all. Did they shutdown?

try chat.ircforex.co

That’s co, not com

Are these chatrooms of any value? I’ve never tried chat rooms, but I used to be involved in some very active, pair specific, forums over at forex factory. I’ve found that you end up with a serious case of group think (which was mostly wrong). Other times you just end up with a 50-50 split of bulls vs bears.

Unless you find a place full of good traders, you’ll just get passionate pleas and nice drawings by people trying to convince themselves that they are on the right trade.

I actually doubt that there is a chat room out there full of good traders that is open to the public (because right away it will no longer be full of good traders). There are some amazing private ones, but you have to be able to add value yourself to get on.

If you are looking for signals the answer is no! If you are looking for to spend some time after a day’s trading and exchange some ideas it might have some value.

the DNS for ircforex.com as well as the .org and .co domains are once again working.

Yeah, I think they forgot to renew their domain with Tucows and some services got suspended. For a short while, whois.net thought the domain was even available for registration.

That would have been a painful mistake for the owners of IRC forex… if they didn’t address it quickly that is.

What happened? Were they unable to earn the 12$ required to renew the domain? :stuck_out_tongue:

In all seriousness they were a cool crowd but I lost touch with them. As of today I am still unable to find them but I tracked down like 3 other members who also have to clue.

irc.ircforex.com is also chat.irc.ircforex.com both of which point to irc.cauponium.com or chat.caouponium.com
I opted to rebrand the network with the intention to move away from IRC and because we no longer focus solely on Forex.