Source of data

Hi everyone - been lurking around looking at Forex and am ready to try applying some of the techniques.

Specifically, as a software engineer, I’d like to try programming some of the analysis up so that I can spot the different features more easily. This will be particularly useful for me to identify when techniques fail, and to give me some confidence in which ones should inform my strategy as I tentatively move into demo then actual trading.

I wondered if there were any sources of historical data (probably EOD data for the next longish while) that I could effectively run a regression analysis against using the tool I code up so that I can better understand the analysis techniques against volumes of real data?

I’m not falling into the trap of just doing quantitative analysis, hopefully - obviously there’s a qualitative aspect as well, where world events and trends have an impact - but I really want to get to grips with the trends

Cheers,
Fred

There were a couple of replies here that have now gone, but hopefully someone can nudge me in the right direction!

Free EOD data with Ninja Trader.

Kinetick - Streaming real time quotes and historical market data