How many Indicators to confirm trend?

I am currently using 3 different indicators on the H4 TF to enter trades, and I use a trailing stop EA for exiting. Still on a demo but it seems to be working so far. Will this work for me when I go live?:confused:

I would use 3 time frames. If you are trading on a 4HR chart , I would use a daily and weekly to see the long and medium term trends.

I like these for that style

RSI at 14,
MACD (standard settings)
EMA 89 (H) Blue
EMA 89 (L) Blue
EMA 144 (H) White
EMA 144 (L) White

I am currently using 3 different indicators on the H4 TF to enter trades, and I use a trailing stop EA for exiting. Still on a demo but it seems to be working so far. Will this work for me when I go live?

If that is your system & it works in demo mode, they why should it not work in live trading? Stick to your system & do not be railroaded into doing anything different.

But what you will do in live trading is try to second guess yourself because it is now your money which is on the line, it’s psychological, that is the only way you will fail if your system is really working in demo mode.

:wishes:

Something you have to know is that for some reason all systems seem to be winners for the first two months (except flipping a coin) then their true colors come out. That is why you need at least 3 months of profitable demo trading befor going live.

If your system is working for you then stick with it and make your fine adjustments when needed. Don’t change anything until this one pans out. And when your ready to go live open up a micro account so you can slowly adjust from demo to live.

I was going to make a comment here but Daydreamer65 and Bazooko have made very wise statements thus rendering my comment obsolete.

How many indicators to confirm trend? Zero! If you need to confirm a trend is it really a trend? The trend should be obvious!

Excellent point Swordofrue.

I am convinced you are absolutely correct !

hey gang, thanx for the words of wisdom. I almost bought an automated EA off of ebay last week but I think itz better to just to develop my own system and style. Im glad I stumbled upon this forum. Anyone know how to place more than one EA on the same pair in a trade? Can it be done?

When I first started trading I used an EA I bought off ebay. It worked fine for two months but then it started loosing money. When I saw that it started loosing money, this is when I started to learn how to trade on my own. I’ve have been doing great ever since then.

Swordofrue has it absolutely right. You don’t need any indicators or lines to determine what the trend is.

All you need to do is open your eyes and look at your chart.

Not sure if it’s going up or down? Two alternatives to try:

1/ Show the chart to a five or six year old child. Ask them if the lines are rising or falling. This method is guaranteed foolproof.

2/ Stand well back from your chart. Like on the other side of the room. Does anything different stand out?

Good answer Colin.

I think the answer to this thread has now been found.

This thread can now be closed and referred to in future to answer questions for other Newbies.

Seems to me, by merely Placing the Trade, Would be Indication enough as to the Direction of the Trend.

If most People are constantly on the wrong side! :smiley:

But for most part, Think it really has to do with, which timeframe your on. If you are talking years, it would take less obviously, maybe the priceline itself. The shorter the timeframe, you are going to need more indicators to try and prevent whipsaws. Personal opinions as to, how many on a given timeframe.

I think the shorter the timeframe, Most people are starting to lean away from Indicators and lean strictly on the Candles themselves. Easier to protect yourself from whipsaws if your in the moment and not staring at lagged events.

Very true, to see a trend just look for higher highs or lower lows!