I think all newbies should watch this documentary

I’m sure it’s probably been posted here before (well I hope we are even allowed to post it) but as newbies we are told only a few make it in this type of business, but everyone feels they have what it takes to make it so we forge on anyway.

I implore all newbies to watch this documentary in it’s entirety, as it examines the very nature of what lies ahead for us all trying to make it in fx trading:

I watched all 3 parts in one setting because it was that good to me.

Ciao.

Ciao Dreighen, yes, I watched this many times before, it is a good watch…and, yes, it has been posted here before… Ciao.

Good post. the interesting thing is that the people who are good at it, aren’t necessarily who you think they will be.

Indeed, that mother surprised me. She ended up being my favorite out of the bunch. But it made a lot of sense after I thought about it. Because being a single mother of two is no easy damn job either lol.

The point that two of them made was that there is a male, macho culture in the City (=the financial heart of London) within which a woman with kids may not fit in; there could be a lot said about how faulty a model this may be for the financial sector, but until institutions are willing to change their work culture, things will never truly change, and a single dad or mum can forget about a career in the City…

Indeed, this is great for newbies like me.

I’ve seen it before, it’s a great documentary and what is really great about it is that it shows exactly what kind of psychological pressure newbie traders can expect to run into…

I have posted a tread earlier about how important mental training is…in fact I believe it is the most important issue to work around if you are going to be a successful trader.

Another issue that is not well stated in the documentary is that retail traders very often works alone and also have to fight the issue of solitude and don’t get socialized with peers during their workday…sometimes I miss having a coffee break with a colleague… I’ve often thought about gathering a few traders, rent a office space and setup a “retail trading floor” where all traders work individually for themself, but benefits from being socialized in a fellowship…but…thats a whole different off topic story.

Great documentary though :slight_smile:

This thread reminded me of an older one, where Anton posted some replies here on Babypips:301 Moved Permanently

Great Post, Ive also thought about this,

My biggest problem is to find fellow traders around here…I don’t know where to find norwegian FX traders yet…

Yeah, your not looking to train, your just looking for the “Office and comradery” to enhance your experience in the Business…

Give TGIF a bigger meaning if you trade for a living… But like you said, even for coffee and lunchbreaks, and shoot the breeze…

Anton Kreil is a solid trader, retired really young but he was more of IPO guy and less of a retail trader but has now tremendous hedge fund experience. Stocks are still the Rugby of the markets and FX is the football.

Although that said the guy had 200m to trade on equities at Goldman Sachs and he had already traded through university and made some good cash. He got the job by taking his trading account to the interview.

Scorpius, I’d love to do that very thing as well. It’s down the road in my plans. First, I want to become a solid trader, who’s profitable. Then I’ll take a group under my wing to train, and do that very thing.