Anyone offering Training? (UK/London)

Hi there - Was just wondering wether anyone is kindly offering any type of training for beginners, in the UK/London region. Would really appreciate the help, i’m very serious in getting involved, and trying to do as much research and training as possible. Thanks in advance! Looking forward to any feedback.

Look at the top of the page click on school. Study it; practice the concepts and when you think you have it, go through and practice again. Build your strong foundation starting with school. From that you will be able to keep adding and practice the things that will help you to be successful. . . at least put a balance of probabilities on your side. Good Luck
Gp

Hi Manuelcap89,

I’m new to this site, and this is my first post. I haven’t even introduced my self to the forum yet, but I will get around to that.

I received an email from Reed Agency for a free 2.5 hour course seminar, they state they will teach you the basics.

Of course still take gp00053 advice, and try out the school which I will be doing myself, but a free seminar… you would be crazy too miss!

Many Regards

Dean

I still believe trading is an individual business and it doesn’t help to have too many influences, that said there are a few books to start with.

Anna Coulling series (3 or so books) I recommend this because it is the best starting point, many will pull their hair out with indicators.
Market Wizards (See how the best traders did it, start to finish).
Reminiscences of stock operator (a street narration of what to expect as a trader from Jesse Livermore, same now as in 1902).

The rest will come from experience. It is too early to start receiving tuition from people you don’t know. The internet is valuable resource.

Take a look at this guy (Ex-Morgan Stanley trader) About WaveTimes and Ramki Ramakrishnan
He is one the best traders in London and uses exclusively Elliott Wave theory, I have never seen more accurate trades not defined by volume. I find his analysis of Elliott Wave corrections unparalleled… I am still after years trying to somehow incorporate his work into my volume trading.

It is however an important aspect of trading. I am not ready to mentor anyone yet so the best I can do is share my knowledge.

Good Luck!

I think , hope Phil Newton can be a good alternative …if you looking for a coach in London

Whatever you decide, I urge you to be very careful as the majority of paid courses are a waste of your time and money. I understand the classroom approach to trading, it is the system most of us grew up in but not everything is meant to be taught in a classroom. There is a reason trading is not being taught that way.

Wow… - Really appreciate all the feedback and great advice given. A lot of the courses i’ve researched in are unnecessarily expensive, and i’m more concerned about paying out and not receiving the best training in which I expect.

@mrjohnson86 - Thanks! Yes, deffo’, any freebies will be perfect, just hope they can deliver.

@gp00053 - Thanks, I really respect your advice.

@emeraldorc - Thanks so much! I will definitely have to hit the books, seems like majority of the advice is to self teach. Thanks for the recommendations.

@TheLastBear - Your totally right, what would you suggest is the best option?

Keep on the lookout if and when you search for courses, several at least most of the ones offered by traders, usually offer a free course to get you in the door so they can up sell you to the expensive course. One of my favorites is while you are going through the free course, they try to up sell you with a live trading room for $100+ a month. Most of the free courses to get you started are the most informative the paid parts in most cases are useless and don’t provide enough info that makes the up sale worth it. . If you take a free course and part of the upsell for the advanced course is a forum or Skype again be sure to check that out. I did a free course once and bought the upsell, part of the reason I got access to the private members forum, and even though the advanced part wasn’t worth the extra money, having access to the members forum was. So like everything if it sounds to good to be true, it probably is. Good Luck
Gp

I think the best way is to teach yourself. There is plenty of information online available for free. Take your time, research and try to understand (you can always ask questions if you are stuck). I would not rush this process, it takes time. Whenever you feel that you possess the knowledge you can start working on your strategy. You will fail in the beginning, learn from your mistakes and make adjustments until you get the results you want. Again, this takes time. Open a mini-account and fund it with a small amount (I always recommend between $300 and $500, view it as the price for your education and it beats spending money on a course); trade only 0.01 lots as you learn how to trade and develop your strategy. Once you achieve consistent results for at least six months (preferably much longer, but that is a personal choice) you can move to open a standard account and fund it sufficient funds (I would advise against funding a standard account with less than $10,000 and even that may be pushing the limits a bit). That’s just my advise, in the end you need to decide what you feel comfortable with as there is no one right approach.

Be careful with seeking mentors openly in forums. For them it’s like chum in the water they smell blood. Most people cannot trade and should not be giving advice to others.

Coaching and training from experienced traders should never be dismissed. Marc Walton offers a coaching program alongside Pro fund managers & traders, Fotis Papatheofanous MBA, Rich Friesen B.A and Omar Eltoukhy. Worth a look for traders at any level but especially with those who struggle to break into Forex. fortress trading academy dot com/