What is the knowledge required to build an automated systems and EAs?

Good morning!
What is the knowledge required in order to build my own forex automared system? what knowledge do I need to build my own EA?
What programming language, tools, courses should I take?
any helpful resources you can recommend me regarding this matter?

cheers!

Hi,
For that you should know the MQL coding which is not easy. If you are a programmer and knows language like C, C++ and Meta Quote Language then only you can make your own automated systems and EAs…

To learn coding tutorial are provided in MQL community. From it u can learn meta quotes language and than u can build EAs from meta editor.

If you don’t know coding, better you outsource.

thanks for sharing this, im not programming geek but now i know where to start and how i guess

I think a lot of traders always forget that you need to have a functioning trading strategy first before you start coding otherwise you would not know what to code. From a coding perspective I think the OP’s question has been answered.

Hi dandar,

I think TheLastBear has already answered, but your main 3 (three) things you need, are what conditions to:

• enter a trade (to produce a positive expectancy, ie: profit),
  • exit a trade (to produce a positive expectancy, ie: profit),
  • manage a trade (to produce a positive expectancy, ie: profit),

The coding/programming is easy compared to getting a strategy sorted out! :slight_smile:

I usually manually backtest my simple systems and outsource the more complicated ones. If you have zero experience in coding it might be a better use of your time to just work on developing your system and let others do the coding.

Here’s a basic guide on making mech system parameters: Design Your Trading System in Six Steps | Create Your Own Trading System | Junior Year | Undergraduate

thank you…