Massive back testing result difference to live demo trading

I have been testing the PZ-Goldfinch-scalper-ea for a couple of weeks now on MT4 and MT5.

I have the most amazing results in back testing on both MT4 and MT5.

Starting the back test with $20 on 1 January 2014 to 20 July 2014 it makes more than $27 000 profit. I realize that back testing results aren’t very accurate, but my live demo account testing results aren’t encouraging.

I have been running the EA on a demo account of $20, and it lost 50% of the starting capital in 2 days.

I know that the settings are very very risky, but that isn’t my focus here…

What makes me worry is the difference in results between the back testing and the live demo testing. Does anyone know what could cause this huge difference? Is the back testing tick data that different to live ticks, and if they are, what is the point of back testing if the results aren’t going to match reality in any way?

You will quickly learn bro that this is perfectly normal. Any variance in tick data between historical and live with instantly void your results. Your broker must love you!

God I wasted so many months back testing. Just trade bro, sink or swim as they say. Best of luck

As bobbillbrowne said just go live with some micro account and trade, make mistakes and learn from them. The best test ever.