Ema system working well

Just wondering if anyone else does this. I’ve come across lots of simple systems using moving averages so I thought I’d start using and checking on old graphs to see how well it works. So I use

5 ema
10 sma
15 sma.

Simply when the 5 crosses the 15 you get into the market (buy or sell) than when the 5 hits the 10 you exit. I checked it on usd/jpy and in the last two years would have got about 3500 pips. Not bad for a easy system. So I’m demoing it to see how it goes for a bit.

Just wanting to know if anyone else’s system Is this easy and has it worked out.

I realise every now and than you’ll get stopped out but the rewards are huge so it out weighs them buy a lot. But you’d need to be nice and patient.

Your feed back will be appreciated cheers fellow pip hunters

for efficiently evaluating a strategy it would be good to know time frame, reward to risk ratio and maximum draw-down besides the setups and triggers that are mentioned here

thank you for sharing

50 pip sl to begin with than once it’s moving I put it at break even than just trail it by 20 to 50 pips depends how fast it seems to be going. I’m on usd jpy at the moment up 45 pips. I moved my stop so I get 5 pips just before.

Sorry and use a daily chart.

It sounds good… Crossover strategy… very popular…

Hope it works for you!

Let us know later on how you are progressing…

Happy trading…

3500 isnt bad at all!

Looking backwards plenty of strategies look very profitable and easy to execute. You will never know until you trade your own money in your own live account. Give it a trial with a small amount of cash, see how it fares over the next twelve months.

I’ve been using a ema crossover and in four months have turned my $5000 demo acc into 9100 and I’ve got another 150 pips still open this week with 80 of those locked in. 100 pips on usd/jpy and 50 on aud/usd. Ill be opening a live acc in the next couple of weeks and using my same methods. Ill be only doing 50c pips though for a while till the scary part of using my own money wears off lol.

Up 120 pips on gold.

Hey Scotty… congrats on grabbing some pips! In the future, could you post before and after screenshots of your ideas so that we can all learn?

Will do from now on. I’m very happy how it’s going that’s for sure.

Trading strategies should be simple, more simple that’s better, but also you should know nothing is working that easy. So open a real account and trade your own money for at least a year and than you will know how good the strategy is.

My stop loss was hit on all three trades I had open for a total of 230 pips for the week time to chill out for the weekend ready for another week next week.
Ill be opening a live account next week I reckon don’t know if ill start with 500 or 1000 bucks to get started. And ill just work on about 50c pips for a while.
But a good week very happy.

It’s a good idea to trade the minimal lot size first. Demo trading environment can be very different than live trading. Once you have up to a sample size of 50 - 100 trades or more and its still profitable, I’m pretty sure you can safely scale your size up :slight_smile:

I look forward to hearing how your strategy performs on live account for you!

Just waiting for the eur/gbp to have another green candle than ill be in for what looks like could be a nice long long position. Should be around the 79500 set the stop for 79350. Hope it’ll run a couple hundred pips.

You should spend more time on testing your strategies on a real account because only there you can see how your strategies are working. Testing and trying to learn something on demo account is just a wasting of time. The only thing you can learn on demo is how to use trading platforms and nothing else.

Why do you say demo account testing doesn’t work. My understanding although in its infancy is that the demo account reflects real trading in every way apart from slippage. Am I mistaken?

Their is of course the element of psychology involved with real money. Slippage between a demo a and $1000 usd account will be minimum. I remember back testing crossover strategies when I started out. They appear to work but the issue of stops and trade management were impossible to gauge when you are looking at historical data. Unless your stop is always below the entire entry candle of course. Then it’s pretty obvious. Assuming your ema’s are also based off closing prices. And your entering after that cross. But hey, ya never know. I’ll be watching this system to see how it goes

Is this system still be on manual or turn in EA??

It just might…
EUR/GBP Cycle Window shows upward mobility | Forex Crunch