Ema system working well

Engulfing candle is a candle that completely engulfs the previouse candle and or candles.

My candles are newyork close candles that’s what you want to be using most of the world uses these.

My eur/usd stop got hit still a 12 pip profit though as I’d moved my stop to get a little profit worse case scenario. Nzd/usd currently 65 pips with stop loss moved to break even. Nzd/jpy currently 27 pips also have moved to break even yesterday. Basically I move them to break even at about 50 pips. Than let it run

Nzd/jpy 90pips up now. And nzd/usd 110 pips up. So I’ll move both to 20 pips profit worst case scenario.

Are you also short on gbp/nzd and eur/cad as I think their ma have now crossed?

No sorry haven’t got those on my list I’ll have a look though. Aud/nzd is gonna be one of the best trades to get in I reckon. I’ve already put a position on just because aud/nzd have never been equal. It’s down to 1.04. Which is crazy low. That’s gonna be one of my super long term trades. I’m thinking I’ll keep it for like a year

I’m going to start a new thread a little bit neater and clearer entry exits and money mag ament and I’ll put every trade up that I take.

Keep us posted dude :+1:

your system works quite well…thanks a lot…

i am trailing my stops manually along the 10 SMA…

@scotty
did you already start your new thread?

what time frames it is going well

I am trading the daily TF…

Thanks Scottyspips for sharing your system, and thanks ForexMike for your money mgmt contributions. I am currently in 4 demo trades using your system with a few other confirmation signals (fractals, RSI, stoch, engulfing candles). I have probably overcomplicated my charts, but I plan on sticking to your basic MA rules, using a SL trailing the 10SMA per Mike’s suggestion. I hope to go 4 for 4 profits, but we’ll see (fingers crossed).

i follow the original rules (only the trailing stop was not mentioned by scotty, i think)…
TF: daily

in 21 days of demo trading i got 22 trades, 12 of them wins…46,9% profit…quite a nice start to the test…but 21 days is not a lot…

It is simple method to use EMA as consideration for making decision to predict tendency of market’s movement but the reason is not using EMA or any other method but how to use the method in the right time and use right setting. For me, any method can be profitable for you when you knew about its setting and how to use it in the right time. EMA won’t always give prediction as its reality but you could get guidance to the tendency of market’s movement.

Howdy partners, just a quick update on my demo trades opened Sunday using this system:

Short AUDUSD up 112 pips
Short NZDUSD up 117 pips
Long AUDNZD up 27 pips
Long USDCAD up 77 pips

If only these were live! Next time…

Meads, the up sign you are showing indicate green pips? If this is green pips then this is very good setup as 350 pips in just 1 week is very profitable. Can you try this on EURUSD as well to see what results it gives.

[QUOTE=“imbest;687954”]Meads, the up sign you are showing indicate green pips? If this is green pips then this is very good setup as 350 pips in just 1 week is very profitable. Can you try this on EURUSD as well to see what results it gives.[/QUOTE]

Yes “up” indicates a positive pip gain. Taking a quick look back at the daily chart for EURUSD… There was an EMA cross back on Feb 23rd. If you would have taken a position on let’s say the opening candle the next day (1.13358), and set your initial stop at the previous day’s high (1.13931), you would currently have a gain of almost 800 pips if I did the math correctly.

Hello ladies and gentlemen. Is anyone having success with this system? I have been experimenting with another MA cross system on the 4hr charts, but I still think this system could be very promising.

I still use this system it’s still in profit. Slowly but surely it gains but need to have less drawdown for it to be super sweet or have a decent account so you don’t care as much. I’m now also once in profit I start to add to it at small pull backs which helps to add to the profit.

Hi,
I like your system.
When using it however, are you looking for currencies with particular characteristics ( for example, if it’s trending/ranging)? Or are you just trading any currency that shows the cross?