What if the EUR/CHF hits the floor or beyond?

I am not new to trading but I don’t totally understand this floor at 1.20 that the SNB has set. I am guessing just because it is set the pair can still go below that handle, correct? If it does go below will it free fall since the floor is technically a huge support level and if broken the pair falls? Any knowledge on this would be awesome.

I am thinking about going long, but I want to make sure it is not going to do a crazy nose dive first.

Thanks

Well you can always set a SL under that level if ti nose dives :slight_smile: I believe that SNB said that they have an unlimited amount of cash to hold that level…well not unlimited as unlimited, but huge enough :smiley: Try to look up that news, it’s somewhere on the net :slight_smile:

That’s why god made stops.

A lot of the things we’ve seen in the markets in the last 5 years have been unprecedented, including the SNB’s floor against potential ECB quantitative easing. No one has the answer, but like Master Tang said, “That’s why god made stops.” That’s all trading is really… taking good shots and managing risk.

If EURCHF hits the floor, the apocalypse would happen.

Jokes aside, if the EURCHF ever goes below the floor, expect EURCHF to reach at least 1.25 within 3 months due to SNB mass buying of euros. Almost like what happened to the Euro when EURUSD came within 3 pips of 1.40

That is absolutely spot on / correct…

Thanks for the input, Looks like the apocalypse may happen yet. She is getting pretty close.

+1 on that. I would not trade against the SNB just yet. I think we will see a sharp rally once we hit the 1.2000 if we do. I am a buyer at below 1.2075 aka now.