What Happened here :/

Hello, I currently place a sell order on gpb/usd on 1.65776 and my TP was 1.65710 but it hit my TP reversed but the trade did not close down?

The bid line never hit your TP.

Your trade is a victim of the spread.

This is one of so many examples where new traders do not know which price to look at. Learning comes before earning.

My advice looks like your using mt4 right click the chart and click properties go to Common and click Show Ask Line that way you can see the difference in spread on the chart

Make sure you go into common and check the box first

Well I am still learning this was in demo account as well :slight_smile:

Yes I am using mt4 thanks for the info buddy :wink:

That’s great news no “live” money was wasted on this.
I support what Bear is saying though…

Before you place even a demo trade, you should have been aware of the BID and ASK price, what the spread is, and what that means to you as an aspiring trader.

Just keep pushing forward, and focus on the process…not the results.
If you can do that simple part, you’ll be ahead of 60% of the folks on mostly all trading forums.

Hi, Aniskazi. I had the same problem and the same question. When I happened to me, I quickly came to the conclusion that the spread had everything to do with it. Now, before I get into a trade. Better yet before I pick a pair to start trading. I always check the spread on the rates screen. Then I subtract or add pips depending weather you are selling or buying. Then I trade. You then add or subtract for your take profit and stop loss prices. It is a good thing you didn’t use real money cause of a possible stop out or waiting for a reversal in your favor. Which could take quite some time.

Everyone please feel free to commit. Thank you.

I knew what spread is but just never paid that much attention to it as I should have… I am still in learning phase still along way to go I guess I would have to pay more attention to these basics first before even thinking of going live.

Would you try to sign up for a spot on the PGA (Professional Golfer’s Association- In America) without practicing your putting skills for months and months, day in - and day out?

:slight_smile:

Jake

Hey I don’t know what is PGA :stuck_out_tongue: care to explaing please?