Breakeven or accept loss?

I am yet to decide should I accept loss (through stop loss) or put my trade into breakeven when [B]a profitable trade goes against suddenly[/B] ?

In the long run …which one is profitable ?

Obviousally breaking even will lose less than a stop less that is less than a breakeven. It’s your strategy bud no one can answer your question. At least as you worded it. You could always open 2 separate trades and manage them differently every time. You’ll eventually see which works best. Good luck

point was there are chances it may bounce back without hitting stop loss …and so the confusion.

Hello Godzilla…

The question is: what are the time frame and the time scale for this trade?

For example, a trade set up using a weekly time frame and managed over

a period of several weeks or months would need to incorporate the possibility

of larger fluctuations in the black as in the red, within the general direction of

the trend, and perceptions of a trade ‘going against you’ would have to be

moderated by a longer-term strategy that would use wider stop-loss parameters

in order to allow the trade enough breathing room to the downside; if, however, you

were operating on a shorter time frame, your horizon may be intra-day or even intra-hour,

which would make for a different perception of trade direction and a different approach

to managing it…

As always, you ask questions without context, such as the direction bias of the last two candles in isolation from a nameless chart without time frame, or the direction of a trend in a chart again without naming the pair or the time frame… You should not be so reluctant in posting chart screenshots of charts complete with background and context because, in the end, some questions cannot be answered in an abstract, decontextualised scenario, and we all end up having to ask you for all the missing details…

Cheers

See a pattern here forming here godzilla. Best we trade it lol.

On a serious note. Break even is probably a strategy best used if you’re trading lower time frames. Why, because lower time frames generally produce more false entry signals. With that said you need to have faith in the system you build so I would advise not including it during development.

That is the old question - What is better - to be aggresive or conservative.

I consider myself to be a very conservative trader. It hasn’t been like that always. But as soon as I realized that it’s more important how much money you don’t lose than how much money you win, I became a conservative.

The thing is - The profits WILL come if you stay in the game long enough. I almost always raise my stop to BE after the price has hit my first target.

What he /she (?) said :wink:

This is purely based on your trading method. May be trailing stop is a better idea.

There are no “more” profitable strategies if you don’t know how to use them properly.