How to trade the GBP/USD - newbies only

Hi all,

To all newbies, I made many mistakes when I began trading.

One of the biggest was wanting fast profit everyday.
I was not interested in trading the daily chart as I had to sometimes wait 2-4days before a trade appeared.

I saw all the hundreds of pips going each day and foolishly chased them.

Advice: calm down, relax and enjoy safer more sturdy profits.

Me and my colleague trade the daily chart.
We use a number of indicators, support and resistance levels for optimal entry.

We average 200-400pips per month.
But remember that equals 10-20pips a day.
But with no drawdown.

Its a great and easy strategy where our trades are placed only at 10pm (London time) each day.

Its such a simple trading strategy, I advise trading the daily chart for newbies, if your starting off the daily chart is ideal.

Each trade has profit of 150-300pips and a stop loss of around 100pips.

I hope this helps, any questions please let me know.

Did you make a trade at 10pm today? if so what did you do?

Hi,

Yes a trade is ready to take on the daily chart for GU

[QUOTE=paullt;651290] so what is the trade you recommend?

What works for you may not work for others which is why it is very important that every trader creates their own trading strategy and not follow what others recommend. You claim you have found a strategy which works for you which is good, but to others the way you trade may make little sense.

You approach (as little as there is to go by) would not work for many traders and one thing I would like to add is that I do not think there is a strategy with no draw-down at all. You mentioned you have a SL of 100 pips and unless you claim to get every single trade right (which I would highly question) you are likely to face a DD every so often, but then again I could be wrong and you do nail every trade for 150-300 pips over the past 30 years.

Hi it was a BUY trade, but please look at my profile to speak more as I can send you our profits and examples.

It seems like you are very confident about your strategy and I’m glad if it works. Just try to used it for a little bit longer and see if it works the same. The most important is to reach consistency.

Yes thanks its been working great for a while now.