Woke up at 3am to pee, made $200 off a 10 pip swing

The forex gods awoke me at 3am u.s. EST this morning to use the bathroom. Just out of curiosity i looked at the charts to see what the london open had going on. Using mt4 mobile, i did a quick analysis with purely support & resistance levels, Rsi & volume then entered at 1.31352 on the eurusd 15min chart. Since i dont have Fibonacci on mobile, i calculated my take profit in my head at the 50% ratio and walked away with a quick $200 on a swing move. This doesn’t happen often, but when it does, i feel like a genius.

How much leverage did you use?

Picking Red 4/5 times on the Roulette table and hitting 4/5 times can make some people feel like a genius also.

…catch my drift :slight_smile: ?

Jake

and when it doesn’t. . .keep it to yourself :55: Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good. Here’s to more of the same for you. Did you go back to sleep or start looking for more trades :44:
Gp

I got up at 2am for a crap once, sat down and made £500 on a trade while I was squeezing it out.

I called it my lucky poo. I’ve got a photo if you’d like me to post it up?

LOL at Lucky Poo. Catchy. :))

The money what you’ve made are good but the way how you made it just shows one of the ways how a trader should not trade. You should have a plan when to trade and when to enjoy in the life and not to mix those things.

You have a voicemail by the way

Good stuff! I know that the naysayers will wave their tutting finger at you for being so recklessly lucky, but to be fair, even the most planworthy traders will, from time to time, want to engage in a ‘lucky shot’, which is not a euphemism for some kind of toilet activity but rather trying to get some money NOW when you see
all the stars align and, like a trader trusting your instinct, you know you must jump in and take that chance.

It happened to me once in the last three months or so, when I saw the S&P500 doing a drop right in front of me - one of those sudden long, red candles that you only normally get in FX when big news come out - and I just HAD to hit the sell button… sure enough, it kept dropping… When it stopped the run, I got out, with nice profits…

One question to the OP: in order to get $200 out of two pips, did he/she use a 1,000,000 trade?

That means he/she must have a large account, or it could have been a killer leverage!

Actually he used 2 lots (or contracts) where 1 lot is 131 411$…on 1:1 leverage he would need 262 822$ of margin

Demo account?

or

Voicemail!

hahahaha i like that lucky poo… worth 500 pounds easy catch hahaha

There is nothing wrong with placing a 2.0 lot trade if you don’t violate your risk management and if you have the proper account size then keep at it. In case you just took a gamble that it really has little to do with trading.

That’s awesome!! Just make sure you wash your hands :slight_smile:

Good luck on the next trade…