Forex fund taxation for Swedish residents

Hello!
I live in Sweden and consider investing units in a fund. The fund is owned by a company that is based in the Nevis jurisdiction in the West Indies. The company will use the money to trade forex and (hopefully) increase the value of my investment.

I have a few questions that I hope someone will be able to answer:

1. Will I have to pay yearly taxes on the increased unit value (profits) although I haven’t yet sold my units in the fund? Apparently this ususally isn’t the case, but since Sweden loves taxes I just want to be sure :slight_smile:

2. Do I have to report yearly to the Swedish IRS about my yearly unit value increases?

Thank you for your time!
Cheers

I would strongly recommend AGAINST investing in any such fund. I haven’t heard of any offshore forex fund that isn’t more or less a fraud. I asked someone with more trading experience than me, and he’s of the same view. If you believe you found the exception to the rule, name it here and I’ll have a look.

This is a question you should address to a tax attorney in your country in order to be sure how Sweden handles this. Any answer I could provide would be an educated guess which I would advise against in a matter like this.