Scottish Referendum and New Zealand Election results - 20th September

Hiya, extremely newbie trader here.

I have 2 questions:
A: Will we see any type of movement on the Kiwi dollar based on the election results on Saturday? If so would I be right in saying a National led government rather than a Labour would lead to strengthening kiwi dollar?

B: If we see a Yes vote on Saturday there has been talk about a 3% + move in the Pound. It’s on a Saturday, I’m only really getting my head around trading but would intraday/day traders open sell positions first thing Monday or have people already opened shorts with tight stops before hand?

Hope this makes sense

A seasoned trader will most likely wait until the pressure is over then take a position , after the vote. A tight stop before the open of the week is not good, because if there is a gap against you , it will go through the your stop, and usually is not pretty it will take you out.

Hi and welcome… The results will be counted on Friday (for Scotland), so we should know by the end of the week… I would wait and see what happens before attempting any trade on an event that has no historic precedent and that may even alter the BoE’s spring 2015 rate hike hopes…

In my opinion we’ll see some movements the previous day as well as the referemdum’s day. As some articles forecast they will vote majoritarily No, so no big movement will be this week.

[B]Hello traders! I thought that this may be of interest to you:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/815547122?btn

What is it? FXCM UK have organised a free webinar this Wednesday at 5.30pm (GMT+1) all about the Scottish independence, in preparation for trading in the difficult environment ahead…

I am not sponsoring or promoting them, as you do not have to be an FXCM client - it is open to all…

Cheers.

[/B]

Thank you so much for the info PipMeHappy.

I believe that we are going to see some movements on GBP and NZD, but no one can which way or how big those movements are going to be so I would stay away and react on it after ward.

Hello everyone!

At breakfast time tomorrow (UK time) we will have the result of the independence vote, so it is

probably a little late to start positioning for this… However, if you missed the webinar I was talking

about, I recommend that you listen to it here, as it has been recorded (including the answers to

my questions, which were: 1) does the FTSE100 seem in a 7-8 year cycle, and is due a correction

down anytime this/next year, and could a YES vote start it off? 2) What are the ‘contingency plans’

that Mark Carney talked about, in the event of a YES vote?

http://www.dailyfx.com/forex_forum/forum-exclusive-research-videos-webinars/636951-forex-could-scottish-yes-good-trading-opportunity.html#post2011800