Scotland’s independence vote?

A referendum on whether Scotland should be an independent country will take place on Thursday, 18 September 2014. I’m wondering what forex traders should expect after the voting and what currency pairs can be affected by it?

Its going to be NO , its already priced in, some of the move happened today, the pound will strengthen by about a percent, or will it??? who really knows only the top guys at central banks and other banks and hedge funds really know, otherwise known as smart-money, insiders. I had no idea who jon hilsenrath was until today mother****er moved the market alot. He shouldnt be allowed to report stuff until the fed meetings are over. Of course if he moved the market in my favour i would be thanking him.

As MrQuickBuy has pointed out, markets should already have priced this in. If today’s Fed announcement and Friday’s IPO both go awry though, and there was a ‘Yes’ vote in the referendum . . . well then it will certainly be interesting to see how things shape up.

So far there’s been surprisingly little volatility around this - the calm before the storm?

Nick

I think the race will be tight, but that the union will stay intact and the the GBPUSD will move closer to the 1.6500 mark as this trading week ends.

I would waking up early in the morning and place a buy stop and a sell stop orders 200 points away from the price at that time(03:00 BST), using a trailing stop of 500 points.

What do you all think of this ? Anyone have other ideas on how to play it ?