A trader in NEED..help please

am looking for a mentor

Ralphen… there are plenty of Forex mentors out there (all you need is - use “uncle google” :slight_smile: ).
All depends on what you need.
If you are a complete beginner - you can start with Babypips School of Pipsology
There are also other trading schools and mentors. Some provide basic knowledge, some provide training based on their specific Market analysis methods (like Masterforex-V Trading Academy :21:).
All depends on what exactly you need.

don’t pay money to any mentor who hasn’t proved he/she is a profitable trader.:53: Otherwise you might just as well flush your money down the toilet.

Ditto.

Before you become immersed in any material presented by a thread vendor on this or any other public forum, or via a private 1 to 1 or group mentoring environment you need to ask 2 questions.

1. How long have you been consistently profitable trading this style, approach, system or method.
  2. I would like to see documentary evidence of this success via your broker’s trade statements/blotters or a third party independent verification access.

And if they choose to show broker stats don’t allow them to cherry pick their preferred time periods.
You choose specific weeks/months/years based on their answer to your first question & insist on seeing a continued period of trading stretching over several weeks & months.

Any genuine professional will willingly comply with the second request & in fact will volunteer as much evidence as you need to fully satisfy you of their credentials & credibility.

You’re entering a snake pit of unscupulous operators.
Those two questions will go a long way to saving you enormous amounts of wasted time & effort whilst helping to seperate the wheat from the chaff.

i trade at binary.com…do you know anyone who trades there…or can you help me as well…been trading for awhile though…i lose more than i win so am going damn broke

well off you go then & address the 2 questions to ralphben that Thalia recommended newbies pose prior to engaging with tutors/mentors/advisors etc.

wasn’t it you who was still playing on a demo account a few months ago when touting for mentee’s on here?

right mentor in trading is just a scrape no body is perfect Ralphben, only a quite earn lots of money and most of them loosing especially newbies in trading.

I can give you some tips if you want but only if you wish

Compact,

I’ve never demoed. Im not against it because people need to learn how to place trades and become familiar with the platforms but Im against any trading demo or live while developing a trading plan. If you can’t curb the impulse then go ahead and demo… Let ralphben decide for himself whether he has something to lose by letting someone guide him for free. Or if you would like I could set something up with you, I can prove myself. Im having a hard time understanding why doubtful people fear seeing for themselves if their mistaken or not. My contact info is on my profile and I am willing to mentor anyone, even those who are warning others against me without taking the time to see if its warranted. Lets do this and then maybe you can apologize to others on this forum that are looking for guidance…

John

It is a binary option, it is designed to loose you money. Do you think the option broker will give you a bet with good odds? Okay! I won’t be a smart <a@@…but> if you want be a trader, then you should get the market education and then be a trader.

You don’t need a mentor, the market is trial and error your personality needs to fit the market you choose to trade. In my opinion you can’t value trade in currencies like stocks. You should consider looking at all markets and decide the one that suits. There are commodity futures, Bond futures, index futures, stocks, Option contracts, Credit default swap contracts. Some of these are not for the novice but if you have 5k it should be a start to get into most. Then start reading and eductaing yourself, you can demo or micro trade most of these markets, develop a system and start trading. It is like in the army,you can only consider yourself a vet once you have seen a few battles, can’t get the battle instinct from your Staff Sgt. or Petty Officer mentoring you, only through actual contact in the field.

You’re actually in contravention of Babypips Terms of Use for attempting to solicit members away from the site to a private location.

Instead of trying to appear clever with your sarcastic remarks how about you simply quit flanneling & comply with Thaila’s request that potential mentors verify their credentials right here on the public forum for all to see.

After all, if you’re genuine & you possess a long standing successful track record, you have nothing to worry about do you.

And it’s not the first time he’s tried this tactic either.
What is it with these types?

Oh wow, you still around? Still looking for " apprentice"? I thought you already found your 12 Apostles?

I love how nothing changes here

Welcome back Jezzode!!

Well you can ask members there to help you figuring out some confusive trading concepts but definitive step (earning on forex) is up to you. Don’t even try to hire any mentors it is a mere waste of money, they just retell open source knowledge (aka economy and forex basics) which you can easily find and learn yourself

It’ll take a lot less time than that if you were to simply address the 2 questions here openly on this thread that Thalia posted in his reply to the op.
There’s no such thing as a free lunch in this world.

You’re asking folks to commit time & effort & that is a very precious & costly commodity. Under those circumstances his suggestion about checking out potential mentors & teachers credentials [B][U]first[/U] before[/B] entering into that commitment makes perfect sense.

This forum has been subjected to various dodgy guru’s making wild claims & wasting folk’s time & they’re quite rightly becoming increasingly more suspicious & tired of these time wasters whilst wising up to their tactics, especially those who attempt to solicit members away from the site.

Your evasive tactics & demeaning tone isn’t going to wash I’m afraid.
You have been asked more than once now to address the 2 questions in post #4 & let the members judge whether you’re worth wasting any of their time on.

If you’re genuine you wouldn’t be so evasive or dismissive & would happily address them right here in public where your credentials could be viewed openly.

Refusing to address them tells the smarter members viewing this thread all they need to know about those credentials.

There’s also no need to coerce anyone away from the forum, you can simply tutor them on here via your thread & the live chat room facility. And as has already been pointed out, you’re not allowed to solicit or divert members away as it contravenes forum rules.

So, the ball is back in your court Mr Guru!

Hey PipNRoll,

It has been a while, just got back from the coast of Croatia for 4.5 months and off to Antibe, Saint Tropez and Parma in late February of next year for around 6 months to a year. Taking a break from trading to travel and get out of the UK whilst working on the super yachts. Was fortunate enough to make a few good contacts, an offer which I would be stupid to refuse.

Hope your well, as ever I’ll pop back to see how your getting on. I have a feeling you’ll be my first point of call when i get back into trading for tips and reminders :wink:

Take care!

Sounds good to me :slight_smile:

You too… Take care.

?? what happened to the compounding trading experiment you were geared up for earlier in the year jezzode?
have you shelved that & the website already?

Absolutely shelved for a later date, no rush in my personal opinion. I still keep tabs on the market and my system and it still works nicely, but I’ve given into travelling - unexpectedly it’s far more fun than being sat in front of my PC for the majority of the day week in week out. Probably jump back into the game in a few years, but for now I want to have some fun and see the world before it’s to late!