Question Maximum Drawdown Zulutrade

If a trader has these maximum drawdown values is it bad or good? :33:

Maximum drawdown (1y): 24%
Maximum drawdown (6m): 2957%
Maximum drawdown (3m): 244%

You must have your own definition of “drawdown”.

From [I]Investopedia —[/I]

DEFINITION OF ‘DRAWDOWN’

The peak-to-trough decline during a specific record period of an investment, fund or commodity. A drawdown is usually quoted as the percentage between the peak and the trough.

INVESTOPEDIA EXPLAINS ‘DRAWDOWN’

A drawdown is measured from the time a retrenchment begins to when a new high is reached. This method is used because a valley can’t be measured until a new high occurs. Once the new high is reached, the percentage change from the old high to the smallest trough is recorded.

Using this definition, which is the generally accepted definition, a drawdown cannot exceed 100%.

A 100% drawdown over ANY period would represent a total loss of account.

Thanx for the reply Clint

I am on zulutrade and saw the 1st current trader has a drawdown of
Maximum drawdown (1y): 35%
Maximum drawdown (6m): 166%
Maximum drawdown (3m): 293%
https://www.zulutrade.com/trader/97718?t=10000

With those numbers should he not be in the negative and also his performance should be considered negative in the long run?

i think this is projection, over the trading starts that you produced. I guess those change over time. But talk to support they will tell you exactly what’s happening on the your side of the account.

Yeah, I am curious about this as well…would love to know what Zulu has to say about it…

Zulu is not answering me, been waiting for a answer for over 2 weeks . Yet no answers.

I found it strange that top rank traders have this high drawn downs and still ranked top and it seem following these traders on the long run leads to the account to get drained slowly and gradually. Profit tend to be small and losses huge.

The stats of a top performing trader do not make sense. Seem Zulu does not added the cumulative total pip loss for loosing trade history on the trader stats, instead it prioritizes winning pips by adding the total accumulating history of pips won by the trader. This create a misconceptions.

Furthermore if i am not mistaken you can not see the trader starting deposit + profit + current equity, so how can you know the real drawn down of the account?

Note that there is absolute, relative and floating drawdowns. When I checking my Hotforex Pamm (just performance page - Forex Broker | Fund Managers Details), I get the equation of how every of these values are calculated. Every broker and different platforms has their form up their own equations for calculating profits and losses, so try to get into the contact with support and figure out what these concept means from the point of math…

Doubtful, they usually reply by 24 hrs tops! Maybe it went to the spam folder. But im confused why wait for 2 weeks, where they have 24/7 live support ?!
As for your stats, well too bad man, huge losses is all your fault - fix your trading style or get a robot, or read more macro news.

They actually have Live Chat support and also which is 24/7. You might want to try that as well.

I did, they were like we will get back to you. Honestly their live chat are like in india, english is not their strong point.

Seem the calculation they using for their top trader is not accurate, what i mean on paper their top trader look good, but in reality when they have streak of huge losses it does not added up on their stats, instead their consecutive wins are prioritized by the system to compensate for their losses. Hence these same traders tend to open multiple orders through out the day

The 24/ Service is a solution, but i don´t like this trader.

I have not experience any problem or misunderstating - afterall the speak virtually any language there is…anyhow did you solve the DD questions you guys have? If not i propose add some screenshots so we can say and comment on them :wink: