How to find trend?

Hi,

can anyone pls show me how to look for present trend, it would be great if you can show me how trend is calculated using all EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, GBP/JPY charts (preferably the charts are present!!) and how to know when trend reverses??

Thanks

How to correctly identify the trend with moving averages

This is a small article about identifying a trend. Everyone will have different definitions of a trend. Due to different timeframes or how much movement defines the trend.

Some will try to identify what appears to be a trend, when really it is nothing more than increased or decreased movement inside a fixed range. ;o0

Can only flat line, range or trend.

Can we go as far as saying a trend inside of a range. ;o)

When all else fails stand up from the computer walk away from the computer then look back at the chart from across the room. ;o)

Good points Kangi!

Maybe, because of this :

Everyone will have different definitions of a trend. Due to different timeframes or how much movement defines the trend.

we could consider a trend only to be a real trend if we look at say a 4hour, daily or longer time frame.

If the “trend” is going up, a line can be drawn underneath joining the bottom points. A line across the top points is drawn on a downtrend.

The lines can be clearly seen going up or down.

A rangie has neither.

Pictures - I am busy sharetrading. No time! Someone else can do the pictures!

tymens getting lazy. lol
Trends can be seen on all time frames. The problem is the smaller the time the more fake outs you get. On a day chart I look for 3 days in a row. The 15 min chart I like to see an over all trend across the screen. Anything smaller has too much noise to find a trend. Actually you should not go lower than an hour to spot a trend.

And if kangi’s plan doesn’t work then just go outside and find the nearest 5 year old and ask them.