How did this trigger?

I have just been using mt4 with alpari broker and noticed this trade took place.

I have a buy order placed at 0.79975 which has somehow triggered at that price. I am now sitting in a loss at -£7.90 (at the time of writing) - no worries this is a demo account!

Can anyone explain how this triggered at 12:19:25 when the price has not hit near 0.79975 for at least the last 3 hours?

Picture attached and some points marked with a red box

it’s a combination of widen spread and mega slippage price. sometimes its happen at several brokers, especially with bigger spread pairs. others case are price gap happen and after minutes, the chart are filled and gap are not there anymore. dont bother to ask this issued with brokers, it on demo anyway, they will eventuall said it’s only happen at demo account which nothing related with real account while demo and real account are at different server, further notice they will encourage you to try open real account with them.

thanks ontario for the details.

Am i correct in saying that the broker I’m using is not the greatest and has caused this with a possible excuse it only happens in demo? If so i will look at a different broker when going live.

It can happen in any broker. If there was an error the broker will rectify this and you will be compensated. I can’t see the chart clearly so it is difficult for me to relate specifically to your trade.

The chart is unclear, but slippage could be the reason. Also make sure you are looking at the correct price for your order (bid/ask).