Any different platform other then MT4!

As we all know, MT4 is the most common order placing platform but it has got limited options. Are there any other platforms where one can keep a watch on futures, indexes like ^S$P, ^DJIA. ^FTSE, #USDX and commodity charts. Plus where one could invert charts and could apply indicators and do other charting stuff.

I know there are lots of professional charting soft wares but for now I am looking for a free platform because I can’t afford paid applications for the moment.
Thank you Fx-men :slight_smile:

Umm as far as I know what you need is an account at one of the Futures, Equities and Options brokers…they have their platform with the futures you specified… For example look at IB brokers and their TWS trading platform (for now too complicated for me :D)

cTrader

Protrader 3

Ninja Trader

JForex

Thanks man !!

I like cTrader, when it comes to Ninja Trader it takes a lot of work to make it work.

The MT4 does have commodities, stocks, indices etc. It is up to your broker what feeds it wishes to pay for and risk management. I would have a look at Saxo bank trading platform, the one you download. They are very expensive (spreads total ripoff) but the charting system is one of the best I have seen.

As far as I know MT4 only has CFDs on Stocks, Indices, Commodities etc. CFDs are another OTC instrument…if I were to trade Stocks and Indices, and other instruments better to do it on a centralized exchange…