Quest on forex brokers

hi…ive a question regarding the operating hours of forex brokers in singapore. i understand that forex brokers operate 24hrs a day 5 days a week.

Assuming im trading after office hours, how would an ECN broker pass on prices from their liquidity provider such as a bank if the banks located in singapore generally close at 5pm? would the singapore based ECN broker relay the prices obtained from overseas banks? hoping someone can advise on this. many thanks.

pipboyy

Maybe you should address this to your broker and see how they will answer it.

Would second the last post, check with your broker…and update this thread…thanks.

I dont have a broker as im not trading yet…im still learning the babypips school and they talked about forex being 24/5 so wanted to knw how it works if im using a broker in Singapore…I realise its a stupid question as usually experienced babypips members are quick to reply to questions posed on the forum but mine took quite a while…but pls go easy on me n I hope someone can help me…thanks

Welcome to the club and for what its worth, the comment from R was actually a valid one but either way, good luck…

I don’t think a forex broker located in Singapore will actually be dealing with banks in Singapore. Since they will be getting liquidity from various banks, the market will always be open for you regardless of the time frame (Forex market time remains static). So don’t worry, Just calculate your time based on GMT and find out when exactly the general forex market closes. You will be able to trade as long as the general market is not closed. This also depends on the currency or commodity you would prefer.

yeah most probably thats how it is, for the time being even if you are not with any brokers, lets say you ahve a broker in mind you can go ahead and give them an inquiry its a good way to test their support and response as well. best of luck and welcome to the addictive world of forex :slight_smile: