Price action help

is there any one that has been trading with decent results that can help me out with price action would like to know more insight into price action.

where to place stops

patterns etc

Look forward to hearing from some one

Go to the baby pips school and study all that’s there. Everything is price action so you would need to clarify what you’re looking for. People trade price action with no indicators, lots of indicators, 1 minute time frame to monthly time frame. Stop loss is unique to your trading method. You can not clarify your question unless you have at least a basic understanding of forex basics. Hope that helps.
Gp

+1 on what gp said. In addition ask yourself why anyone would spend their time helping you? Learn yourself and if you are stuck and exhausted your resources ask a specific question. There is no substitute for sitting down, doing your own research and learning.

During my random leap from website to website as I clicked links in threads/articles etc. I ended up on an article about price action on FXCM’s site. That article contained links to more articles & that one had links to others & before I knew it, I had a hell of a lot of tabs open & therefore a heap of reading to catch up on.

I don’t use FXCM as a broker or anything so I’m not vouching for them but I thought that these articles were pretty good. I’m on my phone just now & the tabs are all open on my iPad so when I get on it later on, I’ll copy in a link to an article in this thread. From there, you can then hop about their site reading what ever takes your fancy.

That said, I’m not disagreeing with GP or TheLastBear (these guys know what they’re talking about) so if you’ve not already done so, go through the BabyPips School of Pipsology. It’s a must! Then there’s plenty of price action threads in these forums too.

What ever I read on FXCM must have been something else, it was in fact DailyFX that I read most of the info on. Forgive my confusion (I thought they were connected, now I’m not so sure).

Have a read through this:

There are hyperlinks in the article which will take you to many more pages. I hope it’s of some use, personally, I thought that they were a pretty good read. Good luck.

Two things for you to consider bro. First price action is anything and everything the price of an instrument does. Second price action is purely subjective. Only your opinion matters as at the end of the day you have to trade your plan and answer only to yourself. There is a wealth of information here at BP and on the net but you have to relate that back to you. Do persist with it but, in time you will reap the benifits. All the best bro

Bob

Hi,

I am new here too… Where do I start?

You start at the same place where everyone else suggested to the original poster. Babypips School. Learn and practice what you are learning. If you have a question or don’t understand something as the question. The more detailed the question, the better and more responses. Good Luck
Gp

Okay, it makes sense. I will post questions then…
Wow I really appreciate all the members contribution in here. A newbie like me could really use the help…

Truthfully, I am lost and confused…oh well…

Total agree with old mate gp00053. Learning price action is as complex as it sounds but probably one of the most rewarding. However the hard work is up to you. If you’re not prepared to work hard (and the facts are you’ll need about 20 hrs a week for the next billion years) the the markets will always win. 20 hrs sound a lot but remember the full-timers can easily spend 60 to 80 hrs a week trading. That’s just the nature of the game. My personal recommendation is this thread 301 Moved Permanently although they’re all good. Just find one you like, introduce yourself and go from there. Best of luck on your journey

Everybody goes through the same thing you are, in the beginning everything seems so complicated and after a couple months of learning the basics and practicing what you’ve learned you’ll wonder why you were so confused and you’ll say to yourself I can’t believe that I thought this was hard

I guess that’s another way on how I should look at it… It’s like I am starting a new job. I have no clue where to even start and where to go… Thanks!

Hi Baz,

To clarify, DailyFX is the research and education arm of FXCM. All our clients get access to DailyFXplus.com using their FXCM account login details.