Possibly the most stupid trading question ever?

I am completely new to the idea of trading and I’m not sure I’m understanding how it works. So I’ve worked out from looking at the rates on Google that if I had $1 million AUD and I changed that to USD then changed that to MYR and then back to AUD, it makes a profit of $150 AUD (at the moment). But there has to be other costs involved somewhere? I MUST be missing something, it can’t be that easy! The only trading I’ve done is bought some USD a few months back and waited for the AUD to drop in my favour. I want to be able to trade more often.

Hi,
Take a trip through Pipschool, it will explain everything in plain English.

WTF? I’m not sure that’s trading more like a swap meet!

As eddieb said, take a look at the school offered here at Baby Pips. Trading with $1M to make $150 is not exactly a success story plus I think you may be attracted by ‘easy money’ which does not exist in trading. You said you want to trade more then I suggest you learn more first as it will take years for you to stand your ground if you will filter through to the 2% who succeed as traders.

The market is in a constant movement, everytime you do a trade through a broker, you pay spreads, 1 million to generate 150, hmmm its possible but thats not how you do it, and many factors might result in a negative effect, and yes its best to check pipsology for the basics of online trading, its a bit different from you traditional money changer. :slight_smile: best of luck