It can't be this easy?

I downloaded Meta Trader 4 onto my ipad and I have been playing with it for maybe an hour, setting up a system I got off this site. Is this demo anything like the real thing? I pulled out of a few trades (didn’t hit the s/l but I was profiting). Then I decided to let the trade either hit the t/p or s/l just to see how the system worked and I won! So the account is up $380. It can’t be this easy tho? Can you end a trade at any time you want in a real situation? Where are the hidden costs? Do you have to pay the broker for every trade or something? I was just buying $10 worth in each trade.

Wow! Ten bucks per trade is a lot to start with as a newbie!
How big is your demo account?

I made sure to keep my demo account as close to how much I would trade with in a live account, which happens to be $500 to start with.

That means I can’t even come close to trading at $10 a lot.
So far my max is $0.50 but I never go above $0.03.

If you are a total beginner like me you may want to consider doing something similar. Just my thoughts.

It’s as easy or difficult as you want to make it. The broker gets paid on the spread. So as soon as you open a trade, the broker already has their fee. So if you can consistently make a profit, it’s like printing your own money.

Think of professional traders like you would professional athletes. There really is no difference, other than industry.
Do you think you can step up to the plate in a baseball game and hit a 97MPH fastball?
Would you be able to play the infield, against others who are @ the peak of their game?

Can you run a 40yard dash in less than 4.7 seconds?
Can you bench 250+ pounds? Squat 300+ pounds?
Have you been playing baseball for 5-10 years? First in high school, then college, minor leagues and now the pro’s?

Food for thought.

Jake

Sometimes you’ll get layups and other times the market will rip your face off. Market behavior is dynamic, so do about 100 trades and then come back to let us know how difficult you think the markets are to trade then. Good luck bud!

Beginners luck. I experienced the same, then realized that I didn’t fully know what I was doing and decided to do something about that.

Give it time. :slight_smile:

I would start judging it after you made a real cash deposit into a live trading account and then as Pipcrawler said…execute about 100 trades or even more and take a second look.

give it some time and do more traders, and keep in mind demo is a bit different from live. its not as easy as you think you said it your self but hey thats a good start. best of luck.