Volume in Forex Tester 2?

I have just made the decision to purchase forextester2 to continue to enhance my learning. I was under the impression that forextester imports data from a broker and this included the recorded tick volumes too?

I have generated ticks and used the generate randomly by real volume method. However when looking at the data in both history and testing mode the volume is showing as incredibly flat and nothing at all like the volume on the charts from that broker.

I trade using volume price analysis so this is pretty much one of the key components of my trading as well as PA.

Is there another way to import data or volumes which gives a more accurate result? The volume is basically flat at the minute and its impossible to read anything from it.

Apologies if this is in the wrong section. On the verge of getting a refund but really want this program to aid me. Probably an easy explanation.

Thanks in advance.:slight_smile:

Heya. I noticed the same thing too with Forex Tester 2. If backtesting using volume, I normally use MT4 from a broker to see volume, and only open FT2 if I want to “zoom in” or “play back” the price movement. It can be tedious.

Thanks for the response Kevin. Looks like there is no simple solution.

Hello guys!
Free data from the Forexite broker are provided without volumes, that’s why you see such volumes during testing. If you download historical data from their paid data service you will be able to use the data with real volumes (with Standard subscription) or even real tick data (with VIP subscription) during testing. Or if you have the data with real volumes from other source (MT4 platform, for example), you can import them into the program manually and use these data.

Hope it will help.