Myfxbook Collection

Beginning of new year! If you don’t have a myfxbook account already you should get one, even if you do not want to show it publicly. The level of analysis it provides is invaluable and creates a level of self awareness of your own trading that can foster good trading habits while stopping the bad ones.

I’d like to see if we can get a group of myfxbooks from members here… Maybe some friendly competition or just to open up discussion regarding different trading behaviors. I will begin by posting mine!

Note: if you commit to posting your myfxbook here, please commit to keeping it up and public regardless of the account performance. Blown up account histories are just as helpful as successful ones. Cool!

I will add to the list below as people add their myfxbooks:

Mine

4 Quarters System by Banker | Myfxbook

Arbitrager on Acid (submitted to this thread)

FXCM System by ARBONLSD | Myfxbook

AndyW (copied from his thread with permission)

Please follow new account - AndyW System by AndyWLTD | Myfxbook

Coffeeshop (copied from his thread with permission)

Route 60+ System by Coffeeshop | Myfxbook

Andrewpacmanistan (copied from his thread with permission)

pacmanistan System by andpackman | Myfxbook

http://www.myfxbook.com/members/Banker/4-quarters/1100451

17% gain , well done Global! I have been testing the waters the past one or two months so nothing much to share. How long have you been trading btw ? I do lurk around your thread traderspace once in a while.

The fxbook of a psychotic:

Arbitrager on Acid

[QUOTE=“Arbitrager on Acid;675975”]The fxbook of a psychotic: Arbitrager on Acid[/QUOTE]

Sweet! Thanks for putting yours up. I see a good start to the new year for you so far.

[QUOTE=“rookie39;675970”]17% gain , well done Global! I have been testing the waters the past one or two months so nothing much to share. How long have you been trading btw ? I do lurk around your thread traderspace once in a while.[/QUOTE]

More then a few years now… It has been a long journey. A challenging, frustrating, yet fulfilling journey.

There is no better a time then to start keeping a myfxbook as early on as possible. I think you would find it helpful, regardless if you share it or not. The usefulness is the ability to analysis your trading behavior during time of trending profits, and to isolate what changed during periods of drawdowns. Maybe the drawdowns are triggered by over leveraged positions, or maybe when you start using bigger stop losses. Easier to spot the causes within the statistics this way then any other.

I know what you mean. I’ve got one. But at this moment I’ d rather not share mine as I haven’t been trading as frequently as I used to. My average winners pip wise are much smaller than the other pack losers. Although I’ve got more winning trades than losing trades.

I was wondering if you had any economic background ?

[QUOTE=“rookie39;676112”]I was wondering if you had any economic background ?[/QUOTE]

Minimal. It has been nearly entirely a self taught pursuit.

Make a new thread about econ. That is my favorite topic. We are certainly living in an era of great interest for monetary theory, in fact we may look back at this time as historically significant with the whole planet going to floating exchange rates, quantitative easing, the birth of cryptos, and now negative interest rates from central banks.

I have a feeling you’ll be eating those words in the next few months…

Looks to me like you had a short run of success (<2 months so far) and felt like that was enough to start bragging and challenging other traders.

I have some questions regarding your trading…

[B]why are you losing more than 5% on your bad days?[/B] your equity curve looks like a gambler who has been lucky enough to avoid a string of losses

why is the trade history private? you want us to see that you’re winning, but not the exact breakdown of how it occurred? I suspect you’re trying to hide those Big Loss trades from view… but sorry, the equity curve don’t lie! :cool:

Why don’t you focus on stringing together a whole year of profitability before you start calling out other traders… you could end up with some gooey egg all over your face lol

[QUOTE=“quick pipslip;676157”] I have a feeling you’ll be eating those words in the next few months… Looks to me like you had a short run of success (<2 months so far) and felt like that was enough to start bragging and challenging other traders. I have some questions regarding your trading… why are you losing more than 5% on your bad days? your equity curve looks like a gambler who has been lucky enough to avoid a string of losses why is the trade history private? you want us to see that you’re winning, but not the exact breakdown of how it occurred? I suspect you’re trying to hide those Big Loss trades from view… but sorry, the equity curve don’t lie! :cool: Why don’t you focus on stringing together a whole year of profitability before you start calling out other traders… you could end up with some gooey egg all over your face lol[/QUOTE]

Weird. I don’t see how that statement you chose to highlight could be construed as “calling out other traders”. How it was intended was to encourage that the myfxbook links and systems be kept open, even if the account is blown up. The point of this is that a blown up account is just as helpful for everyone to see as a successful one, as people can see the trading tendencies that resulted in the drawdown and try to avoid them in their own trading. People have a tendency of taking down and deleting their myfxbooks as soon as the account turns red, probably due to embarrassment. No need for that here, this collection should just be a bunch of friends sharing their journey, whether it be up or down.

The second half of your post is great actually. Another reason I wanted to get a group of members myfxbooks up here is to start discussion regarding the trading behavior evident in the statistics and what the implications are of those. Yep, I’ve had a couple “bad days” in this accounts short history… Even a 25% drawdown! I was hoping to keep the drawdown on this account below 10% but that obviously didn’t happen. I like viewing the risk of ruin table that myfxbook provides as a metric for how much “risky” a trader is being… And with that metric this accounts history is doing pretty “alright”.

It’s probably important to note the relationship that risk has to reward. So far I think my best day has been 10% gain, putting it in that light, a day with a draw down at 5% becomes a little more understandable. If I wanted to risk less, my reward potential would be reduced proportionately. It can be a challenge to balance the two for optimal account performance, and that’s where a myfxbook can really help you fine tune your trading.

Duration of account history should not be a barrier to posting a myfxbook. If you’ve just opened one today and you want to post that you definitely should! I love seeing a new myfxbook develop in realtime.

I posted mine first so that everyone can feel pretty confident after seeing my 58% drawdown.

Cheers.

[QUOTE=“Arbitrager on Acid;676135”] Make a new thread about econ. That is my favorite topic. We are certainly living in an era of great interest for monetary theory, in fact we may look back at this time as historically significant with the whole planet going to floating exchange rates, quantitative easing, the birth of cryptos, and now negative interest rates from central banks.[/QUOTE] It truly is a fascinating time. I’ve got another thread where we can discuss those kind of topics, feel free to start posting there too… Once a trader realizes how much global economic events affect this market, it really opens doors to where they can take their trading, plus it is a nice different dimension to study rather then burning your eyes out trying to guess/interpret candle stick patterns blindly.

Interesting. I’ll have to take a look at fxbook.

Shame you didn’t keep your previous one then banker928, coz you & the others would have definitely learnt a few things watching that sink like a lead weight.

What I find weird is how & why 2 previously (& multiple) banned drama queens are allowed to re-register & continue posting on here as though butter wouldn’t melt.
If ever there was a comical contradiction in exhibiting & maintaining emotional control & discipline, you two muppets are it!
LOL

Lol lets keep the thread on track to its intent. Do you have a myfxbook you would like to add Soultrain?

@Arbitrager on Acid and to anyone else wanting to add their myfxbook… I’ll be moving the link to your account to the first post so as they will be easily accessible and will not get lost in the posts. Cool.

I put mine in the “Location” field of my babypips profile so it is actually on all my posts. However, doing so does not produce an active link. I wish there was an option to add it to a babypips profile so it was easily accessible to anyone drunk enough to be interested in my trading.

[QUOTE=“Arbitrager on Acid;676206”] I put mine in the “Location” field of my babypips profile so it is actually on all my posts. However, doing so does not produce an active link. I wish there was an option to add it to a babypips profile so it was easily accessible to anyone drunk enough to be interested in my trading.[/QUOTE]

Ah interesting. I browse baby pips on my phone and don’t see it… Must be a desktop browser thing.

If I had known it was Banker, I would’ve left him alone!
It’s an uphill battle trolling winning traders, so I’ll probably just stick to that Arb guy, who is obsessed with promoting his terrible blog for reasons I cannot fully understand.

and for the record “soultrain” you’re more like us than you’d probably like to admit

…one of us…one of us