Myfxbook Collection

There’s got to be more then two members here with myfxbooks…

Here is my DEMO from last month - myfxbook[dot]com/portfolio/demo1/1126290

[QUOTE=“thesecret;677005”]Here is my DEMO from last month - myfxbook[dot]com/portfolio/demo1/1126290[/QUOTE] awesome! I’ll add it to the list :slight_smile:

Not really. It might be counterintuitive to you because maybe you are having 1:1 random wins and losses, but its not uncommon to see traders get strings of wins and strings of losses (in a non random fashion). Depending on how big your average loss string is, you may want to use less risk to see a larger return, because you don’t have to “build back” your losses as hard from a string of losses.

[QUOTE=“jwlee7ucla;677089”] Not really. It might be counterintuitive to you because maybe you are having 1:1 random wins and losses, but its not uncommon to see traders get strings of wins and strings of losses (in a non random fashion). Depending on how big your average loss string is, you may want to use less risk to see a larger return, because you don’t have to “build back” your losses as hard from a string of losses.[/QUOTE]

I can agree with that… Someone who has a 50% drawdown needs a 100% profit to get back to the same point.

any new myfxbooks anyone wanting too add?

Here’s mine - Sico

Happy to say that it was recently accepted into the myfxbook AutoTrade program. Its a fully automated, intra-day system that is the result of many months of coding, testing and refining.

[QUOTE=“RobotCapital;681472”]Here’s mine - Sico Happy to say that it was recently accepted into the myfxbook AutoTrade program. Its a fully automated, intra-day system that is the result of many months of coding, testing and refining.[/QUOTE]

Nice I’m impressed, brokers paid you no problem…?

@globalmacro

what happened to your trading that cost you to tank 50% in 3 days? your curve looked really good until that point

Yep, no problems at all. Paid by bank transfer to my nominated Australian bank account within 24 hours. Needless to say, I was impressed!

Very nice, keep it up

Global, what happened to your account, no updates anymore…blowed?

Here is my account.
I want to thank you for starting up the thread as I think its a great idea.

I’m very intrigued by your equity curve and I think its educational. Your system is obviously great. This is evident by the jump in equity from 0% gain to 400% in 3 months or so. But then the following five months or so the equity has started going down.

I was wondering if your system involves strictly buying dollar? so that when dollar went up your system captured the move while when dollar corrects your system focuses on protecting the gains?

Do you think there is something that could be tweaked to perserve your gains more efficiently?

Thank you for sharing.

Hey Philip

I should correct you and say that my system WAS great. It had a spectacular rise for the first three months, but then suddenly it started losing and has done so consistently for the past 4 months. With hindsight, I should have stopped trading the system a while ago, but a consolation is that I withdrew twice what I deposited into the account.

My system isn’t strictly long dollar. It trades in both directions and trades many instruments, not just the dollar. I have done a mountain of research trying to identify the change in the market that triggered the reversal in the strategy’s performance, but so far haven’t found a satisfactory answer. I’ve tested the system’s performance as a function of volatility (measured across numerous different time frames, as well as at multiple time frames simultaneously), as a function of intraday price movement as a percentage of average range (again, with the average range measured across various time frames), as a function of the time of day and the day of the week. I have tested the system back to 2007, and I so far haven’t found any correlation between the factors that I tested and the system’s performance.

I am hesitant to conclude that the system’s performance is random, because in the backtest there are several periods similar to the equity run-up that I experienced, as well as several periods similar to the decline. But I just haven’t been able to correlate the performance with any meaningful indicator of market changes. My research continues…

Keep me posted…
But surely to get that dip it means you were fundamentally on the wrong side. Any recurring trade that failed for example? Are you a day trader, swing trader…etc.

Because this does seem like a good system. What I also want to add is sometimes the simplest analysis is the best. Just go over some of the trades, try to see something that was stupid in the signal.

For example you have GBP, EUR, CHF, USD, NZD, AUD, CAD.
Look at each currency and determine what it has done since the beginning of the year. For example Euro and GBP increased in value. Then look at your trade, may be you shorted Euro during that time for instance. So you will look to see what the signal got wrong. Is it may be an indicator you need to add for example to filter out some trades? Is it a stop loss that needs tweaking and tightening.

Keep me posted man because I hate to see such a system suddenly stop working. May be revealing the history could be useful as well.

Here are my 3 real accounts running an EA that I have developed myself.

Account #1 - Aidy Sproule’s Mathematical High Probability EA System by aidysproule | Myfxbook

Account #2 - Aidy Sproule’s Mathematical High Probability EA - A/c#2 System by aidysproule | Myfxbook

Account #3 - Aidy Sproule’s Mathematical High Probability EA - A/c#3 System by aidysproule | Myfxbook

Thanks for posting feed back whenever you find out!

I hope he’s okay, but no trades since Feb

Philip what happened to your acct as posted above…seems to be a steady curve downward