Trade journal

Hey,

I was just wondering, do all you guys have a trade journal and if so, do you think that you have an ‘advanced’ journal? Like, are you tracking a lot of stuff by every trade your journalling or only the most important onces? And lastly, what are your experiences with this journal? Is it helpfull, does it take a lot of effort to keep tracking everything?

Pretend you wanted to open your own anything business. In your business how to would you know what you’re doing right or what you’re doing wrong. What is making you money what is costing you money, how could you make more money, how could you cut expenses without hurting quality.

Now imagine your business is on a busy block or food court with a ton of other businesses like yours, on top of that, the big franchise businesses just like yours also have locations by your business, and if that’s not bad enough the manufacturers of your products and services are there with their own locations. Do you think you’d have a better chance to prosper tracking everything you do in detail or trying to fly by the seat of your pants.

Now let me welcome you to the world of foreign exchange where the only way anyone makes money, is when you and people like you lose money. My advice to you is not only make and keep a journal but make and keep a detailed journal of everything related to your forex business and add to and review everyday. You will have and need more in your journal when you first start than down the road. For example in my beginnings I have listed the indicators I used, what they were suppose to do what they did and didn’t do. Now I down use indicators normally so that part is for my journal is finished. As usual that’s only my opinion. Good Luck
Gp

You are probably mentally noting most of what you need for your journal, you just need to get it on paper or a word document.
I use a notebook, 1 trade on each page. I start with date/time, currency pair, then make 1-line notes on each time frame I use.
A short note on what I think these collectively indicate and if/when I want to enter, together with where I would place SL and TP.
Once in the trade I make notes about it and how I feel.
At the end I note profit/loss, what went right/wrong, what I would change.
Looking back at these days or weeks later can be enlightening

Thx for the answers, it helped me a lot. Guess keepin a journal is a big yes if you want to make a career in forex then :slight_smile:

A trading journal is important and it is vital that every trader should be able to keep one. A trading journal will help you to be able to know the state of your account helping you to go back in time and determine how often you trade. So it serves as a historical record.

A trade journal is a great way of keeping your trade record so you have an avenue of going back to review you trading performance.