Increasing my learning

hey traders i have a question i been pondering. i have spent most of my free time studying and trying to improve my trading. i have like most of us reading watching videos. basically use ichimoku and price action.
and have alot to learn, but lately i feel like i cant find anything that i have learned. so now the question is this, do i try to find a paid course to find more info. i feel like im stagnating and cant find new info. has anybody else felt this way and what is best way to go.

You need a coach not a course. Just like tennis or golf each trader is unique. You need someone that can work with you not “teach”. They’re a bit harder to find. Try searchi g for a local prop trading firm.

If you pay someone for a course you will most likely learn how that person trades and it may not work so well for you. Besides I don’t think there’s much out there you can’t learn for free.

a coach prob out of man price range but seems like a really good point.

i agree to a point about alot out there being free, it just seems that what bi find is stuff i already been over multiple times.

Then you may have enough knowledge but just not enough practice.

i was lookimg into manesh patels and chris carpes ichimoku corses but not sure if there is diff info or just rehash

I have learned the hard way that it is not the amount of knowledge that makes you a succesfull trader…it’s how you act upon what you already know that does.
Overloading your mind with more and more information without knowing what you are looking for may not be what you need.
Trade what you know, trade what you see and you’ll find your edge.
If you feel that you have the technical in place…consider to read up and learn about the phsycology in trading. That is a part which is underestimated by many traders and the reason why so many fail trading…

well u hit nail on the head. it seems as of now finding the right trade hasnt been the big problem but turning that winner into loser by not taking my profits. and by no means do i mean im an expert trade picker. my account would be so much more happier if i did.

That’s not all bad. One person can explain something to you; you either get it or you don’t. Another person can explain the same concept and the A, HA light comes on. From now until you take your last trade, you should be trying to learn something new, that will each make you more money, cost you less money and/or give you more time to do what you want to do outside of trading.

Don’t worry about what has a cost or what’s free; worry about value. For example I first started I was having trouble with the Fibonacci tool, the usual, where do start the tool from, when am I on the right track when I’m on the wrong track, what are the best levels etc etc. Then I stumbled across Manesh’s Fib video. The first time I watched it, my “A,HA!” moment came, after that I watched 4 or 5 times more and each time learned more and was able to build on what I already learned.

My plan was to see if he had a course for sale and a setup where I could watch him apply the fib live and that’s when I found out the only thing he back then was the cloud. I also bought a course on Price Action when I started and the course was nothing special as a matter of fact it was not good, but this person did offer members forum and email, I said if I buy the course I want to be able to contact and work through Skype as well. He agreed and kept up his end of the deal and I got a great understanding of Price Action and how to trade it. We still talk today and exchange ideas.

I found the people who always ending up losing money in the end, is when they figure in their mind there’s nothing else they can learn. I guarantee “let your winners run and don’t chase losers,” will have a much different understanding as you get some time under your belt than when you first started. Keep learning = Keep Prospering. Hope that helps again just my opinion
Gp

ty very good points

how long until i can have my replies and threads not have to go for approval

Its a good decision to concentrate initially on learning, its the very basic need for forex trading but many people are in so much hurry that they just ignore about learning.

ive been trying to get as much knowledge as possible. and its true like above poster said about re watching and re reading because there is always something that can be missed or understood more.
i just feel there is more to the basic way of trading ichi that i havent found in free info ive seem. but then there is a fear of dropping 300 to 500 dollars and it will just be a rehash dressed up if u know what i mean
its like who can u trust. i know from reading mr burger seems to think its all a waste to pay.

I agree with this statement. Coaches will tend to have a bias but if you are sold on your way of trading that is the next logical step.

I don’t know for sure where you’re at in your trading but a few years ago I felt just like you do now so I did just that…I paid for lessons only to find out I had already learned exactly what they were teaching. I was into fibs and that’s the way I wanted to trade. I’m not saying the lessons weren’t worth the money it cost. It would’ve been great early on but by the time I paid for them I really didn’t need them to start making money. I came to realize what I really needed was to sit down and really start back testing hard with what I already knew and start working on a solid trading plan. Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for learning more. I still read all the time to try and pick up something new. And maybe you need more training but I think there’s a chance you just need to put the ichi cloud on your charts if that’s the way you want to trade and start doing tons of backtesting and maybe you’ll come up with your own unique way of trading that works for you.