Price went straight through my stop!

so i just logged back into my demo account just now and saw USD/JPY pair went straight through my stop ! how come this happened?? is it because the market isnt open yet??

it is a demo account but im still annoyed that this happened. should i close it rn when the market is closed or wait untill its open?

It all depends on your broker.

Some brokers starting sending quoted prior to 5pm EST which is kinda ****ed up as the liquidity in the market is almost non existent and the spreads will be much larger.

Keep in mind though that the quotes on a demo account and live account are not always the same.

Lol - Welcome to forex wait till the price goes tru your life savings :wink:

The two ways market can skip through your price is

1. lack of liquidity aka humongous market moves

2. you have an open weekend trade

The two ways market can skip through your price is

1. lack of liquidity aka humongous market moves

2. you have an open weekend trade

It’s a bad tick. Temporary short lack of liquidity and your broker probably isn’t guilty there. Order audit on this trade there is a chance that they’ll reimburse you the loss, though it’s very small.
After CHF collapse I started to hedge all my positions on Hotforex as a newly introduced essential part of my money management. Controlling your trades becomes a vital issue in trading, even more significant than market analysis :33:

what confuses me is it is on a demo account…

Slippage is a bixch. It must be presupposed. It is another reason I look for trades that can last weeks or months. I had a EUR/CAD position close with 75 pips in slippage on the 21st of Jan. Luckily that was still 73 pips profit. If I had been looking for a 20 pip target or something I would have had a serious loser.