One indicator?

If you were only allowed one indicator what would it be? Timeframe? Any answers welcome even that you hate indicators.

20 EMA
Any timeframe

Donchian channels on the daily.

Fib expansions. Great for evauating trade potential

Fibs are the best things ever once you know how to use them.

Great example of a question where the answer is “depends.” What type of speculator am I; Short term, intraday, swing, position? How long have I been trading; 1 week, 1 month, 1 year, more? How well versed am I in the market movement, order flow, supply and demand, volume/price analysis. For example last night 7:00pm EST GBPCAD was above the 60 period SMA, on every time frame from the 5 minute to the 1 month was showing an uptrend, confirmed with Support and Resistance, GBP had 1 high impact announcement which when posted showed higher than the forecast. Canadian had no events yesterday or today. Look at where price is today. If you went long last night and used almost stop loss you would have been stopped out.

1 or 1 million indicators, 1 or 1 hundred years in time frames it makes no difference, if you don’t look or get provided to make the best answer, no indicator, time frame, grail will keep you from a trip to the speculator grave yard.

Like I said great question to be posted in newbie island. Hope that helps
Gp

I’d have to go with fibs!

Did I say fib expansions, best we put time ahead of that.

50 sma
h1 :wink:

Focus on which one you would use if any at all. Any answer given here by any trader is useless to you. As gp said it all depends. I agree with him, perfect question in the right section.

No doubt…I would go for the same…

My question was just to see people favourites really, moving averages or fibs or whatever it may be. It’s was a broad question. I should have made it more clear, I realise there a little bit more to it. But thanks for posting.

With so many indicators most times it can be confusing. I always use MA most it all depends on how the situation of the market is any one can apply.

i want to say MA Crossover SignalV1 indicator which is working on every time fame and also in all major currency pairs i am using it for last few months.

not really a indicator but since its found under that i vote ichimoku!
i wish we can start a good ichi thread like some of the price action threads. :cool:

i’d have to say noltes envelope on the h1 timeframe.

If I had to choose one indicator it would be fib retractment on the weekly, I think fibs are the best tool you can use on higher timeframes. Because of the fact I like holding trades I’d choose this. :slight_smile:
What would yours be?
~ImBatman

ichimoku is the one I also go for, its not just a simple indicator but its entirely a complete trading system that you can rely on after some good practice on it.

None, Price Action is the BOSS

Ichimoku. 5 minute timeframe.
Easy to spot trend