How do you set the high and lower bounds?

help i called oanda today and they informed me that the higher and lower bounds were preset, so be fore you enter the market order if you dont set these you are already -10 pips into your tarade and have to see what happens this cant be good. so how does one set the upper and the lower bounds on the market orders then the stop loss then the take profit. my question is how do you get in at the price you want because when your programming all these the quote keeps fluctuating and you can never seem to get in before the darn thing changes again. see this is why newbies need a preceptor, to teach you the very basics so you dont get frustrated. if someone with experience can answer much thanks. im going running. joanne.:eek::eek::eek::eek::

my question is how do you get in at the price you want because when your programming all these the quote keeps fluctuating and you can never seem to get in before the darn thing changes again

On a market order there is no reason to set the upper
& lower bounds, just decide upon your S/L & T/P before
you open the order (this can be preset in the Tools > user preferences
table > Trading > set defaults S/L or T/P)

Then decide the size of the trade in units & click submit.
The more you execute trades the easier it becomes.

In the limit order box, you are setting an order to execute
at a given price. You can take as much time over this as
you require, number of units, the price at which you would like it
to execute, S/L, T/P (& upper & lower bounds around the price you
have decided upon, I have never set these because my limit
orders have always been executed at the price I chose)

Play about with all the settings you will make mistakes but that
is what demo mode is all about, learning the platform, getting
a “system” etc.

:wishes:

thankyou so much this will certainly help me immnesly. thankyou joanne.

The Price is a general area. Its not guaranteed to be the same. Even across multiple platforms. I suggest maybe looking for a price range and once you set your Stop Loss set your bounds just below that as added insurance.