Ironfx experiences - good or bad?

Hello everybody

I have a live trading account with ironfx and have been reading some of the negative news about their withdrawals. but my account seem to be functioning fine. does anybody have any experiences to share?

Thanks
forexEnrico

Hi forexenrico. I have an ironfx account too. overall i have seen a lot of movement on forums discussing ironfx recently, but havent noticed anything affecting my trading activity. i seem to be trading as normal - also did a test withdrawal from my card some days ago and was successful.

in terms of the news, Ironfx CEO is claiming that they are witholding funds from the some 160 Chinese clients who were abusing their promotions. FXPro, Saxo Bank, FXCM. All in the news lately for their various litigious activities. This is the nature of the industry unfortunately, and also the reason why brokers go to such extremes to get regulated.

Hola,
I was a bit worried to start trading with them due to the bad rumours but I guess is just rumours. Can you let me know if you face any problems with your account manager or with their platforms? Are they such professional as per their advertisements?

Hi,

I have been trading with Alpari and I was so upset after that Black Thursday. Anyway a colleague of me told me to start trading with IronFX since he doing well with them but I was worried due to the rumours. So I attended one seminar they did in Budapest last week with Birger one famous trader I have found it really interesting and people there explained more and they seems really professional. I will start with their demo account and see how will go and might start trading with them.

I have no experience with them but have read a story about them in china, traders stormed their offices smashing things up, one guy threatened the manager with a knife demanding his money, which they paid the next day. Not sure if it was the same time as the swiss franc nightmare, think it might have been.

never heard of them!

Hi Mrquickbuy
this is a truly sad story. the ceo is claiming that these chinese traders were abusing the ironfx bonus system which is why their funds were withheld. whatever the truth is, big brokers like ironfx are regulated for a reason - to protect their clients. first and foremost, as an investor, i expect my money to be protected, and if i thought i was being treated unfairly by my broker, i would go to the regulator to complain. Violence is a tool of the guilty and the unethical.

Hi, I still have a good deal with iron, the withdrawal is also fine

I think that is all that should matter to you.

My experience with ironfx have been all good but the problem for me with this broker is that they don’t have a low money withdrawal and a low investment option. If you want to withdraw they tell you it’s too little.

I was recommended ironFX after I lost money due to swiss franc occurance earlier this year. Their clients did not have losses like I have. I have good experiences with ironFX working with customer service, but have not had to withdrawal yet. I will come back with update when I do. ~jincole

Hi everyone,

As i said I tried their demo account and now i have started trading with them and everything seems normal.

I trade with ironfx and they always treat me good. They give me an accounts manager that speaks to me about the markets and helps me whenever i need him. they have many platforms and the best thing is that they just opend an office in my hometown, Johannesburg. I can go there whenever i want and talk with the staff. I like ironfx. all good for me here.

Hi there, it’s always good to test a few things if you are a new trader. Personally I have been with Ironfx for over a year now and I am very happy with them. There was one occasion when I had a bit of an issue with a withdrawal but that was quickly resolved by them when I went onto their online chat system and they told me that I need to provide my need credit card copies. To be honest I like them because they are not too pushy. They let me do my thing and if I need them they are their to help me. Ok they send me regular emails but at the end of the day I signed up to that.

jincole, I also joined iron after the snb decision. even though they said that their operations were not affected, i couldnt help but notice all the discussion about ironfx in the news. you hear so many things about so many brokers, it is so difficult for customers like you and i to choose who to trade with. i took a chance basically and made a test. i liked their mt4 platform, and indeed they had a good range of instruments as they claim. the final test came when i made a withdrawal, and succeeded. so far so good.

so far so good. i am with ironfx now. to be honest i have not traded with other broker i cannot compare against other broker, but i can say that i chose it because of its regulations. in this volatile industry i want to know that my hard earned money is safe. i have been trading - and enjoying it too i dont deny - smoothly for some weeks with ironfx. if things continue well i will apply for the credit card.

Right now my phone have been buzzing as my account manager in ironfx is doing all she can to make sure I invest up to $50 to start trading. For now I cant afford this and thinking about how high the withdrawal is set makes me not ready to invest with them.

I’m new and started trading with them recently. I started with the demo and the account manager help me do the transition to live account. They give me all the help I need and whenever I ask anything they respond fast. They show me there platform and how to use expert advisers. I like them. they are good.

Dear Rambo35 and all, thank you everyone for your comments. it has been good to hear about other people’s experiences. a problem shared is a problem halved. I continue trading with them so far. I place a trade or two per day, there doesn’t appear to be any slippage and I’m getting more and more comfortable with their trading systems. Importantly for me, the fear factor has reduced - this issue with the chinese abusers seems to have blown over and is yesterdays news.