What's your top 5 most reliable indicator?

Contradictory or opinions against indicators not needed. Just straight answers

• Market Session
  • Volume
  • Highs & Lows, daily, weekly, monthly, previous & current,
  • Spread
  • Average Daily Range

You specified no opinions, so this isn’t an opinion, it’s truth :slight_smile: Any indicator that is price based, is a “summary” of what has happened, not an indicator of what is going to happen. Chart/price indicators are only picture representation of what price has done. ie: don’t bother, price itself is the fastest & most reliable indicator.

I use Tick Volume and Accumulation&Distribution Index as a market data that allow to predict breakout (I believe it’s not totally sudden)

There is nothing that can tell you what price is going to do. There’s no point saying indicators only tell you what has happened in the past. so do candles. Are you saying there is only the quote and that is all?

Focus on your top indicators and don’t worry about what others are doing. You ask a question and then tell people what not to do and what to do. I would not expect many answers which you may be looking for.

I disagree, candles give me a very clear indication of what to anticipate in the future.

Ichimuko is the indicator I use most. Its called more of a system than a indicator and should only be used in trending pairs.
But that is not only thing I use, I combine with PA and S/R
And Im really getting into Daochian channels.

PA is a must. Dont think anyone should trade till they have a good grasp on it. Its not a fortune teller but like u said it gives valuable info.

Ichimuko is the indicator I use most.

Hi 3xfx, can you help me with my thread/post please? Thanks

www(dot)301 Moved Permanently

A shooting star doesnt always mean the quote is going to get lower, just like when rsi is under 20 doesnt mean instrument is “oversold”. sometimes candles will help you sometimes they wont.

A crossover on the stochastic oscillator is a pretty reliable signal on the direction of short term momentum.

Mark-up the daily chart with supply & demand levels, note the shooting stars. Keeping in mind a shooting star must have:

• A preceding uptrend in price movement,
  • Form at a supply/demand or support/resistance level,
  • Minimal lower wick, large upper wick, small(ish) body,

The candle itself is really only a small part of the overall. (Not debating their validity, but definitely championing them as being extremely reliable. Context is the key)

I frequently use MA and the MACD indicator seem very easy for me.

I mostly use Moving Average, Bollinger Bands and Japanese candlesticks.

I have to say, I am really getting into donchian channels and trend trading.

Two words: BOLLINGER BANDS

These things work, man. Nothing is 100% but I use the B-Bands like dynamic S&R lines, and they give my trading a big boost.

Also, the Parabolic SAR works in a similar way and goes well with the B-Bands, like dotted support/resistance lines.