Lossing too much

Hello friends… i am new in trading world… i dont know much about trading… i make trades some time i gets profit but often i close trade in negative… once i have crashed also my account… so how i make trades which gives me profit??? :33::33::33::33:

Have you been trough the school here at babypips? …if not that is a good start to get the basics in trading :slight_smile:

dear i go through the school but i think i m not a genius student… so i want a good teacher who can help me in recovering my amount…

Learning is a crucial step in every traders journey. Be sure to learn all the essential’s before you trade live. I highly recommend you practice on a demo account to get the feel for it.

Hello Assim

Try to trade on Demo accounts not real money and remember to use patience. Wait it out, let your trades mature. Exit is more important than entry. Good luck!

You need more practice on demo or on micro account so that you can easily manage risk and reward, you r strategy is weak . Not invest a lot in start just make sure you are doing good with low investment then gradually increase capital.

Could not disagree more. Demo is useless and entry is where you make your money, not exit. Learning is key and then moving on to apply what you learned in a mini account is the way to go.

Knowledge is power
if possible look for a mentor around you

Just take easy, firstly you need to recheck your trading history and found out the exactly reason lead to the lost, such as skills, knowledge, mind or brokerts etc. And then have a good rest and prepare for tomorrow fight!

Take the 5 best entries you’ve ever had… then assume you just hold those trades until you have a margin call… how much richer did you get? Entry methods are largely superstition and the snake oil forex charlatans make their money on.

“entries are where you make your money” is nonsense and the base assumption of only the greenest traders… perfect entries do absolutely nothing to help a trader who under/overholds every trade, but perfect exits can make virtually any entry system wildly profitable.

I think YOU should do some more learning TLB, one begins to wonder where in hell you get your ideas and whether you’ve had any real trading success at all.

In forex it is okay for you at the initial trades and you need to be patient. You should probably add more knowledge by doing extra learning and maybe visiting your demo account for some more practicing.

Hello Asim, it’s your strong emotion of Greed and Fear that gives you more losing trades and even burn your account.

My advise is don’t allow emotion to take over your trading. The best way I know to eliminate this totally in your trading is to automate your trading system.

It’s not only you get an assurance that your trading plan is followed thoroughly and efficiently without the distraction of emotion. You can also have the time freedom everyone aiming for.

This makes absolutely no sense and is probably some of the worst advise I have ever seen around here.

If you have no idea where to place your stop loss and when to exit trades you will lose money.

You could argue that entries are useless and you can just throw a dart at a chart and enter but with good stop loss and exit strategies you [B]might[/B] end up making money.

Kind of have to disagree and agree, with you on this one…entry is as important as exit, if you are not sure when to enter a trade, chances are you are going to end up in the red, that’s why we analyze the market prior to entering a trade and of course the exit is as important as well. I do think that traders need to use good SL, for without that, burning out the account is going to be a reality…

Hi there,

Just like you , i used to be losing alot , would win some and then lose the rest etc, however it was only recently that i finally got things going by stopping bad habits which i think alot of newbies don’t realize until a certain point in their trading life.

Many times alot people say control your emotion etc etc and this is very very true except you need not only control your emotion but also the technical understanding of what your entry trigger is.

What i meant is that when you enter those successful or fail trades, ask yourself what made you pull that trigger? was there a actual reason or rather enough confluence to justify that action so much so that it wasnt just luck or your emotion taking over?

was it just a pin bar at your perceived S/R zone? Did you adjust your trend line to suit your entry because your greed was taking over you? what could you have done better or what are the tell tale signs that would have stop you from entering.

Concentrate on one chart draw out notes and keep a trading journal <-- do this i mean it, i used to think it was stupid but after doing it i improve alot.

another tip is , dont assume or hope, if you feel that you are hoping , close your position or place sl at breakeven then you can hope

good luck my friend may the force be with you

Let me explain myself when i said exit is more important than entry, please note i did not say entry is not important, of course both are. A good entry determines how efficient you manage your risk/stop. An entry in the middle of a sideway range is too far from your stop (below support) while one at a major support or slightly under it during a whipsaw means your risk/reward is in favor of a high probability winning trade.

However, the focus has been too much on entries in a way that people have forgotten the importance of exits. How many times did u have a perfect entry and a horrible exit? examples: the stop was too tight, or the too wide, or your fear/emotions pushed you to do something irrational, mismanaging your trailing stops, could not wait for the target… All these factors contribute in ugly exits. Hence Exits have somehow been neglected and that is what i mean with Exits are more important than entries.

It is easy to enter but how easy is it to exit as perfectly? in line with the trend age or target price or calculated Expected reward.

You analyze the market before you enter a trade because you subscribe to the superstitious belief that you can predict the future based on what you see/know. I don’t buy it.

An entry method, ANY entry method will almost never be 100% wrong, except for extremely rare cases where there is immediate movement against you that never lets up there is always opportunity for profit… whether it’s one pip, or one thousand. Just try and find a (consistent) entry method that wouldn’t be wildly profitable if you could take maximum advantage of every pip that’s made available to it. It’s completely about getting out of small wins before they become losses while still allowing big wins to develop when they become available.

It’s right that exit point is as important as entry point because exit point will determine the amount of profits or loss which you can gain after you open position in the market. Many traders think that entry point is more important than exit point but they didn’t realize if good timing in entry point will be useless if the timing of exit point is not good either. The easiest way is using Stop Loss and Take Profit.

Everyone knows hi limits of losing. But if anyone is going crazy, then it is not a good sign for his future financial condition. A trader should know how much he can easily invest because if he loses that amount he won’t be disturbed much.

Dont stress yourself… successful not coming in one day… it take times… prepare yourself in term of

1. Money Management
  2. Technical/Fundamental Analysis
  3. Emotion Control
    of cause its not easy not just coming through reading but also experience…