Greece Alert, Trades are About to Lose!

Greece will hold a referendum on 5 July whether to accept the Eurogroup reforms so they will not default. The Greek cabinet is also working on approving to close all banks until Friday and also the stock market. There will be big gaps tonight in all Euro pairs and crosses like EURUSD and EURJPY for example. The gaps means the stop will not hold. Traders that have positions in the Euro over the weekend and the gap will be against them are going to lose a lot of money and some will probably come here to complain. You should know this is their fault for not checking the news. I a created another thread on this but it is extremely important many traders will know this.

Source: https://www.ddmarkets.com/

Got a pending short eur/gbp 21 pips away, It will probably gap down past that.

Chance you may get a fill at some point tomorrow during London - keep an eye on the spread.

The Euro could gap higher because capital control measures often strengthen the currency. The problem is the tension with Greece but I wouldn’t be surprised if the Euro gaps higher first before falling down.

So far the gap in EURUSD is around 140 pips down. It could change until 21:00 GMT.

EURJPY gapped down by 300 pips guys… If you were short, congrats

Where are you getting 300 pip drop from, most I can see us around 160

This was the opening price of EURJPY. Where did you 160 pips? Oh, you think I am making these numbers? lol The Forex market opens before 21:00 GMT my friend.

Im getting my price from fxempire and xe.com, both show opening price of c 1.1160 dropping to c1.1000.
Dont take things so personally, I would love 300 pips seeing as im short on this pair

I said 300 pips in EURJPY, not in EURUSD…

DOH! Facepalm…serves me right for getting over excited :slight_smile:

how do you know that? i am still waiting for ‘open’.

does it retrace?

The prices have been visible on xe.com and fxempire for a 1/4 of an hour at least

very cool thanks.

Is that a live trade or demo? Demo I hope, looking at the last box

it’s just demo. figured it was in keeping with the thread title. think my stoploss got jumped, lol.

Just shows how easy it is to blow an account.

But it also shows how easy it is to double the account. #TheLifeOfaGambler