All time frame historic data

Hello folks!

I have just downloaded historic data of 1 minute time frame for Mt4 from histdata

but I need to backtest the EA for which I require different time frames as well, like M5, M15, M30, H1 and so forth.

Is there any website where I can download data from, or is there any way to convert 1 minutes data to different time frames, any help is appriciated. :slight_smile:

I think there must be a reply to the question, it is common thing.

any paid website?

Hello
Just open “tools” - “history data” and download all time frames

I think it depends on which platform you are trading on, see what they have available. I am not big on back-testing, but you should find a way to get it done. I think I stumbled across some software for back-testing a while ago.

+1 LastBear.

Back-testing, IMO, is a major waste of time. You’ll never be able to re-create the emotional state which would have been present if your “back-tested strategy” gave you a “signal”. Emotions are a major part of trading (Even in automated trading, emotions such as fear/greed are present).

I’d rather give someone $10K of my own money who was able to show me 9 months of consistent profitable live trading, over another who could show a “back-tested strategy” encompassing 2 years.