% return per month?

Hello all,

For a decent trader, one with correct trade sizing, risk management, correct use of leverage and a good trading plan, what is a realistic return per month?

People asking the wrong questions again. Use the search button bro and find your answer

I think you should focus more on consistency and annualized returns rather than monthly, but that is just my opinion.

You’re putting the cart in front of the horse.

this is a very nice thread i hope we can get a lot like these because this issue is very sensitive and important

If you are a good trader, then don’t worry about percentages. Good trading setups will bring you money, that’s all you need to do in forex market. I don’t think you will stop trading after reaching certain percentage on monthly basis.

Unfortunately I’m just starting with Forex, but in binary options trading with currency pairs I’ve made around 35% but by long term operations (like a 30 days position) is not so easy.

I heard about people making more money with Forex but I guess it depends on your experience.

I am making 10% to 20% return from my investment . It is not a big amount but is better than nothing have in hands. I am making low profits with low risk trading. If I get this much consistently it will be a success for me.

[QUOTE=“imbest;709610”]I am making 10% to 20% return from my investment . It is not a big amount but is better than nothing have in hands. I am making low profits with low risk trading. If I get this much consistently it will be a success for me.[/QUOTE]

is this monthly? Or annually?

Look, your end goal should be 20%+ annually. If you can’t do that then it’s just not worth the head duck. Give your investment to the pro’s.

With that said it probably takes 4 to 5 years for most to see a positive return.

My aim would be 20% a month.

Shoot for the stars bro.

Doing 22% a month here, trading only S&P500. Been around for just a few months. Not enough to say this is/will be consistent. Need at least one year to confirm it.

i think in binary options there is a payout of 85%

Remember, trading’s not like a regular job. We’re not working for regular wages. If you squeeze the market to give you a setup so that you can tick off your 10% per month goal you’re likely to lose.

I’d like to leave you with a quote made by Jesse Livermore;

“The desire for constant action irrespective of underlying conditions is responsible for many losses on Wall Street even among the professionals, who feel that they must take home some money every day, as though they were working for regular wages.”

Hi FlyPippin,

Most of the decent traders cannot manage to have same or similar profits every month, that is why it’s more important to take a look on the annual return and if you can manage to have 15-20% you are doing great job.

depends on the trading volume.

22% a month sounds great, congratulations. I would like to achieve that consistently.

thanks. I would like to achieve that consistently too, but i have to stay realistic and see how things go in the long run.

i just heard that some of the people earn thousands of dollars per month is that right ??