Scalping

Hi guys. I would like to know if there is anyone that knows how to trade scalping? I would like to get into it as soon.

i’m a professional trader and i only scalp. update this thread when you have something specific to talk about :slight_smile: and i’ll be glad to contribute.

[QUOTE=“tomiko;710426”]i’m a professional trader and i only scalp. update this thread when you have something specific to talk about :slight_smile: and i’ll be glad to contribute.[/QUOTE] thank you very much Tomiko :v:t4:

Then just go ahead and get started.

Scalping is for a very advanced traders with a will of steel and stamina of Olympic athletes. There are no shortcuts or trade ready systems. Practice on the small size till you and only you know you are ready.

I love scalping style , for my opinion do this style when quite market , i mean when quite from news that make high impact in movement of price in the forex market

Hey, I too only scalp. Usually the London and New York open i find is the best time for me. I only use price action for setups and found some great info from Forex school online while getting going. I personally don’t apply stop losses as I monitor all of my trades from entry to exit and set a level to close and stick to it for any losses if price goes against me. (I am not recommending for one second that other people shouldn’t set stop losses before I get shouted at!! ;). I find that manually closing a trade at a loss helps discipline and also makes you look twice before entering a trade in the first place. On the other hand no stop loss covers me against a spike or short term retracement of price. I always set a take profit based on information from an H4 or D1 chart as it gives me a visual target while monitoring the trade.

Be great to hear how others do it,

X

I would not recommend Scalping. You must learn real professional trading. Besides, many brokers will frown at you is you are a scalp maniac. I followed a simple scalping pattern given here on babypips by one user Isrealz on the Profiforex MT4. Well, this broker allows it, but only on the 5 digit quotes. If you scalp the 4 digits, you will have yourself to blame, all profits will be cancelled.

Some would say scalping and swing trading are practically the same thing, just different times frames.
Being a swing trader does not mean you cant scalp, and being a scalper does not mean you are too good for swing trading. The results are usually the same. One makes Y% each day, the other makes (Y% X 5) each week.

[QUOTE=“Forexlight;710912”]I would not recommend Scalping. You must learn real professional trading. Besides, many brokers will frown at you is you are a scalp maniac. I followed a simple scalping pattern given here on babypips by one user Isrealz on the Profiforex MT4. Well, this broker allows it, but only on the 5 digit quotes. If you scalp the 4 digits, you will have yourself to blame, all profits will be cancelled.[/QUOTE]

Thanks but there’s nothing to say that if you scalp you haven’t learned "real professional trading"I personally fully understand the different ways to trade as do the actual professional traders I know of who scalp. My broker doesn’t “frown at me” for scalping so no problems here, although I consider myself a scalper I don’t only aim for pipettes so a broker would have a hard time stopping me I guess.