Looking for strategy

Hi.
i have decided to be a full time trader.i read some forex books.
i am looking for some forex strategies that u guys use,i am confused whether the strategies described in the books really works.
if u could suggest me any book that has reliable strategies i’ll be grateful.
i prefer scalping type strategies.

[QUOTE=“veronika46;710669”]Hi. i have decided to be a full time trader.i read some forex books. i am looking for some forex strategies that u guys use,i am confused whether the strategies described in the books really works. if u could suggest me any book that has reliable strategies i’ll be grateful. i prefer scalping type strategies.[/QUOTE]

There are no strategies that will work on their own. All strategies are defined entries and exits into the market. That’s is it. Indicators won’t work alone.

Let’s say you are trading EURUSD. If the USD is weakening and the EUR is strengthening then no strategy on the chart is going to change that.

1 Like

Hi, there are too many scalping strategies to mention so I do suggest you start out with what’s working out for you based on which times you’re trading or how long you usually hold on to your trades. If you’d like, you can browse through the day trading section in this forum: Show me the money! [Daytrading]

1 Like

It is not this much easy to start forex trading as you career. You need to work your way to the top. It will take some years before you actually start making consistent money from forex market.

Hello Veronica

Strategies in books are guidelines not rules, the most popular of which are
1-trend following and
2-ranging

The idea is to use these guidelines to avoid making bad trades like buying at peaks and selling at bottoms or like accumulating in bear market and going short in bull markets.

Last but not least, money and risk management is what determines your survival in the market. Master that before any strategy!!

1 Like

If you haven’t already, I suggest you study at the school here before trading. It will explain various strategies and how to devise a trading plan that suits you.
Any strategy will work for some people, some of the time. That doesn’t mean a good strategy will work for you, you need to consider your own circumstances and find or adapt a strategy to suit this.
Good luck, study hard

I find this forum very useful in gaining a lot of knowledge. I had been reading a few threads from this forum from some time, though I registered late. There are almost all kinds of strategies quite well explained by traders in order for us to understand them easily. You can decide your method of trading and then you can select any strategy that suits your method.

You need to create one for your self based on what you have learned so far. After that you should test it for some time and see if it works in a long term, if not than you should do some adjustments till you get to the point when your strategy will make profits in a consistent level.

Im sorry but i stopped reading after the first sentence. how can u decide to be a pro trader after reading books and have no system
may the forex gods be with u. your gonna need them.

Thank u guyz.
i appreciate ur suggestions for a total newbie like me.
i m working hard.watching market behavior everyday for hours,evaluating indicators’ reliability,taking a forex course,watching videos & i’ve read school of pipsology.
i know it may take some time,but i m in no hurry. :slight_smile:

Thank u guyz.
i m working hard.watching market everyday for hours,taking a forex course,watching videos of actual trading also finished school of pipsology.
i know it’ll take some time,but i m in no hurry.

If you want to scalp I suggest that you do that on the E-mini market. (very adapted for scalping)
Forex has too much of volatility for that, but it can be done on pairs with low volatility like Eur/Gbp.

However due to the spread+commissions you won’t be able to capitalise scalping forex if you are looking for something less than 5 pips profit per trade.

2 Likes

Hi

It’s very old question and I think you got your solutions

So if you start trading then how’s everything going and if you want any help then ping us we happy to assist you

Thanks