Pip Values

Hi all,

Can someone help me please.

I’ve read values for pips etc, a standard lot 100,000 would equal $1 per pip.

What about if your account is in £, would this apply? A standard lot 100,000 would be £1 a pip?

All info around this seems to be in $ and not in £

Your broker should have a calculator where you can work this out.
With fxpro, its £6.41 at the moment for gbpusd

First of all, in standard lots (100,000 units of BASE currency), 1 pip might be worth [B]$10[/B] (not $1).

Specifically, 1 pip will be worth $10 per standard lot, if and only if, BOTH the account currency AND the quote-currency in the pair being traded are USD.

In similar fashion, 1 pip will be worth [B]£10[/B] per standard lot, if and only if, BOTH the account currency AND the quote-currency are GBP. This occurs only in the EUR/GBP pair. In every other GBP pair, the GBP is the BASE currency, not the quote-currency.

This topic was discussed in another thread recently.

Here’s a link to it: 301 Moved Permanently

myfxbook has a great one, its under the home tab.

For $100 000 (standard lot) pip value is 10$ (5 decimal)
To convert pip cost to other currency just divide USD pip value on the exchange rate of this "other currency)
I use this calculator https://www.hotforex.com/en/forex-web-tools/pip-value-calculator.html to convert USD pip value to other currency.
Cheers!

I agree with what has already been said: your broker should offer you the tools necessary to figure this out and if not then there are plenty of calculators. In one standard lot (100,000 units) 1 pip never equals €/£ 1. This applies to a mini-account (10,000 units) and keep in mind what Clint already wrote.

I agree with Clint. If the Account currency is in GBP, then the broker automatically calculates the input and output in GBP. There is no need for you to worry about it. 1 pip will be worth £10 per standard lot, I assume