Looking for a forex trading buddy

Hi, I’m looking for 1-2 forex trading buddies who would like to meetup once a month to discuss our trading setups using “teamviewer”. However, if you’re trading stock or futures market then I’m also okay with that as long as you’re using technical analysis to take your trade setups. So it’s more like a small accountability group. The requirements are simple:

1. Must have and maintain a TRADING JOURNAL for all the setups that you take. It doesn’t matter whether you’re using demo or real account. A trading journal can be in an excel spreadsheet, downloaded historical transactions from your trading platform or myfxbook. You can hide the amount of dollar risked per trade. If you’re still in backtesting stage, I’m okay with that as long as you keep a journal of your results.
  2. You MUST NOT KEEP CHANGING your trading systems every time they stop working after 3 months. If you want to change your trading system, then you must show to me that you’ve done your backtesting or forward testing the system on demo/live account for at least 6 months.
    My plan is when we meet online we do a presentation on all the setups that we take last month and be honest with each other whether we follow our rules. I don’t expect you to reveal everything about your trading system and money management just in one go. I know that it takes time to build trust with another person so you can just tell me things that you are comfortable with during our first a couple of meetups. I’m not here to just take what I can learn from the other trader and stop keep in touch. I want to be able to help and contribute to other traders’ development and success, too. What I want is to form a long term working relationship with other traders and if we end up as good friends that’s even better.
    A little bit about myself. I’ve been learning and trading forex for 5 years now. Still a breakeven trader  I love to trade using price action. I have 2 trading systems; one is for ranging market and the other one is for trending market. I think forex trading is a lonely journey so it’ll be good if I can have a discussion with other serious traders. Hopefully we can help each other to become a better forex/share/futures trader.

Hey I’ll be your forex buddy if you want, been trading for a couple years now, don’t have a journal but I don’t change my strategy and stuff, i like price action etc. hook me up

Hi Guys, ive been trading for 2 years and I am making consistent progress with my trading account. I have been trading live for 1 year. I am currently studying elliott wave to add to my trading knowledge. I am now looking for a trading buddy ( buddies) to talk my analysis with and provide feedback to each other.

If you are still interested I would like to buddy up!

i’m not your buddy, guy

New trader that would love to be bea trading buddy. Discuss strategy etc

I’m not your guy, friend.

I’m not your friend, buddy!

I’m not your buddy, mate!

Hi Jedifx, thank you for your reply. Just want to confirm something first. Do you keep a trading journal for all the setups that you take? A trading journal can be in an excel spreadsheet, downloaded historical transactions from your trading platform or myfxbook. You can hide the amount of dollar risked per trade. So my purpose is to form a small accountability group.

Hi JonoWatkins, thank you for your reply. Similar to my response to Jedifx. Just want to confirm something first. Do you keep a trading journal for all the setups that you take? A trading journal can be in an excel spreadsheet, downloaded historical transactions from your trading platform or myfxbook. You can hide the amount of dollar risked per trade. So my purpose is to form a small accountability group.

Hi, yes I have my trading journal from the beginning of the year which includes each of my trades including strategy used. It is in excel format.

Do you currently keep a trading journal?

Okay, that’s good. So we can form our own little accountability group. Yes, I keep my trading journal in an excel spreadsheet. What timezone are you in, Jedifx14? I’m based in Sydney. I can’t send a message to you via babypips.com because I haven’t posted that many yet on this forum.
Thank you, Jedifx14.

I too keep a journal, both written here at babypips and an excel document.

I’m quite interested about this:

Why was this edited?

Hi JonoWatkins
I can’t see the screenshot that you posted. The one that I can see on my screen is on page no 1 (Reason: more detailed explanation). It’s good to hear that you keep a trading journal. I’m still waiting for reply from Jedifx. Once I get his reply, we’ll organise time that is suitable for three of us.

Hi guys

I am based in the UK ( lol after brexit ). My job working pattern means Im in the office 3 days a week but i can still communicate mostly on these days. Ill try and send an excerpt of my journal over with examples of how I simply copy and paste each trade i take and write the pros and cons and save them for future viewing. Any suggestions on how we can set up a group?

Here is a live extract from my account from Myfxbook ( ive covered the lots and net profit columns ). Also attached is an example of how I like to analyse each of my trades win or lose.

Hi Jedifx and JonoWatkins

Sorry for the late reply. My last post on this thread was deleted by the admin (reason: solicitation). I can’t contact you guys via email since my post is only 9 so far. I need to post another 11 posts in order to be to contact you directly via babypips.

Hey Ryukenden, I’m from Singapore and I’m looking for trading buddies as well. While I most definitely can’t meet in Sydney once a month, I’m interested in joining or forming a chat group for scalp/day traders who trade within the time zone of 2pm-10pm (GMT+8).

For your requirements…

1. I’m still demo trading but I do keep a journal and record every trade I take, some of these trades will include my reason for entry as well as my comments after the trade as ended.
  2. I do not yet have a fixed trading system, just something I’ve recently started working on and still demo trading with. It’s explained in more detail in my other thread also looking for trading buddies.

I agree that trading is a lonely journey and I hope to have a chat group I can share trade ideas and grow together with, with everyone sharing and shouting when and why they entered or exit a trade. Some questions of my own:

• Which pairs do you trade?
  • What kind of trader are you? (Scalp/day/swing?)

[QUOTE=“eddieb;771216”] I’m not your buddy, mate![/QUOTE]
I’m not your mate, buddy !

Hi Mykoh

Thank you for your reply. I trade the common pairs like EUR/USD and GBP/USD. My main timeframe is from 4hr above. So I usually hold my open trades for maximum 2 days.