Looking for a forex trading buddy

Hi, yes I have my trading journal from the beginning of the year which includes each of my trades including strategy used. It is in excel format.

Do you currently keep a trading journal?

Okay, that’s good. So we can form our own little accountability group. Yes, I keep my trading journal in an excel spreadsheet. What timezone are you in, Jedifx14? I’m based in Sydney. I can’t send a message to you via babypips.com because I haven’t posted that many yet on this forum.
Thank you, Jedifx14.

I too keep a journal, both written here at babypips and an excel document.

I’m quite interested about this:

Why was this edited?

Hi JonoWatkins
I can’t see the screenshot that you posted. The one that I can see on my screen is on page no 1 (Reason: more detailed explanation). It’s good to hear that you keep a trading journal. I’m still waiting for reply from Jedifx. Once I get his reply, we’ll organise time that is suitable for three of us.

Hi guys

I am based in the UK ( lol after brexit ). My job working pattern means Im in the office 3 days a week but i can still communicate mostly on these days. Ill try and send an excerpt of my journal over with examples of how I simply copy and paste each trade i take and write the pros and cons and save them for future viewing. Any suggestions on how we can set up a group?

Here is a live extract from my account from Myfxbook ( ive covered the lots and net profit columns ). Also attached is an example of how I like to analyse each of my trades win or lose.

Hi Jedifx and JonoWatkins

Sorry for the late reply. My last post on this thread was deleted by the admin (reason: solicitation). I can’t contact you guys via email since my post is only 9 so far. I need to post another 11 posts in order to be to contact you directly via babypips.

Hey Ryukenden, I’m from Singapore and I’m looking for trading buddies as well. While I most definitely can’t meet in Sydney once a month, I’m interested in joining or forming a chat group for scalp/day traders who trade within the time zone of 2pm-10pm (GMT+8).

For your requirements…

1. I’m still demo trading but I do keep a journal and record every trade I take, some of these trades will include my reason for entry as well as my comments after the trade as ended.
  2. I do not yet have a fixed trading system, just something I’ve recently started working on and still demo trading with. It’s explained in more detail in my other thread also looking for trading buddies.

I agree that trading is a lonely journey and I hope to have a chat group I can share trade ideas and grow together with, with everyone sharing and shouting when and why they entered or exit a trade. Some questions of my own:

• Which pairs do you trade?
  • What kind of trader are you? (Scalp/day/swing?)

[QUOTE=“eddieb;771216”] I’m not your buddy, mate![/QUOTE]
I’m not your mate, buddy !

Hi Mykoh

Thank you for your reply. I trade the common pairs like EUR/USD and GBP/USD. My main timeframe is from 4hr above. So I usually hold my open trades for maximum 2 days.

Hi Jedi

I’m sorry for stopping to post on this thread. The rule on babypips forum makes it hard for me to contact you or other members who want to form our little group. I think for the time being, I’ll just post my chart and analysis on this thread until I have enough post. I still need another 10 post in order to contact you directly.

Hi Mykoh

How are you? Hopefully you’re doing good. How was your trading result for the past two months? I like the time zone you are in. When London opens it’s still afternoon in Singapore. Not too early not too late.

Hi, Are there any spaces left for another trading buddy? I’m also looking for one. I think I meet all of your requirements. I have been trading PA for >3 years and keep the records of every setups I took. I did some adjustments throughout the years but I wouldn’t say I have changed much of the main system. I trade forex on CME in Tokyo session, 8.45am - 3.15pm(+9), mostly. And I’m based in Thailand. Hopefully we can work together.

Hi Montey

Thank you for your reply. It’s nice to be able to know someone who is also serious about forex trading. What timeframe do you usually focus on? Do you trade trade retracement, breakout, or reversal trading?

Hi!

I mostly enter a trade based on 5m movements, but always monitor all the main timeframes up to 4Hr tf. I don’t restrict myself to any type of setup in particular, but i’m more confidence trading breakouts especially at the start of the session each day. I also look for retracement and reversal when immediate direction is working or failing.

This might hint that I don’t really have a concrete system and i wouldn’t argue. However, I have a clear explanation(at least to myself) to each of the setups I take bases on prices. :slight_smile:

What about yours? I’d love to hear how you trade.

Hi guys

I am also looking for trading buddies to help share ideas with. I trade full time from a trading room in Hertfordshire, are any of you local?

What sort of markets do you trade? What timeframes?

Mark

Hi Montey

Thank you for your honest reply. Don’t worry, I’m not here to judge other traders. What I want is to work together and help each other to become a better trader.
The one that I really focus on is reversal trading. The time frames that I look at are 4hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr, and daily chart. I’ve been learning and using this method for 2.5 years now since 2014.

Hi SpreadBetHub

Thank you for your reply. I’m based in Sydney, Australia. I only trade forex market and the time frames that I look at are 4hr, 6hr, 8hr, 12hr, and daily chart.
When you said that you traded full time, were you referring to scalping?

Hi Ryukenden

That’s a lot of time frames to look at, over how many markets?

When I say full time I mean that I don’t another job, I work in a spread bet trading room playing with my own money on a full time basis.

I do a bit of scalping, reaction to news or short term moves, but generally I have a few setups which I like to trade over 10-15 markets hourly, sometimes daily.

How long have you been trading for?

Mark

Hi Mark

I only trade forex market and look at 12 currency pairs. It sounds a lot of work but actually it’s not. I only trade on Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursday. On those days I only need to look at my charts 3 times a day. Sometimes I only need to look at it twice.
I’ve been learning and trading forex for 5 years now. Well hopefully I can be like yourself within 3-4 years. :slight_smile:
How about yourself, Mark? You sound like you also trade other markets beside forex.

Ronny