What to look for in a free class

I will be attending a free intro class near me which I found tonight, at Forex Trading Academy in Leeds.

Does anyone have any experience with theses guys, or any advice of what to expect?

I will report back after the lesson and let you know how it went.

Expect a hard sell.
Sign nothing. There is nothing they can teach you that you cant learn at the free school here, plus we’re nicer :slight_smile:

Agreed, they’ll no doubt try to wangle you in to signing up for something so no matter how blown away & amazed you are with the lesson, go away & think about things before committing to anything with them.

You’ve joined here very recently, once you’ve had your free class, delve in to BabyPips & see what’s available here as it’s all free. If you then decide to go with Forex Trading Academy in Leeds then do your due diligence & research them. Don’t be fooled.

A good salesman can sell you something you don’t really need, now add to that the fact that you think that you’re buying in to something that will make you money & it’s a slippery slope to “a fool & their money are easily parted”.

My only other worry is that you’re from Forex Trading Academy & we’re going to get an amazing glowing reference to help draw in other newbies. It’s a fine line, tread carefully as we can be a suspicious bunch.

In addition to above, they may not hard sell, or want you to purchase anything. A favorite move is to give them your email, for a free system they are offering. Once you see the free system then comes the upsell. This no reflection on anyone on this site who offers free systems, have a upgrade you can pay for. I have tried the free course that are offered and in 3 years have not found any upgrades that were worth the money.

Almost any free course you come across will teach you basic price action. Once you go through the free one, you have 2 choices pay for an upgrade that basically says the same thing the free one did, or learn on your own, through forums like this and/or higher a mentor/coach.

Anyway that’s what I found. Good luck
Gp

Love the “plus we’re nicer” part hahaha

I do agree with what the folks mentioned right here, do check out our School of Pipsology for a free class on the forex basics just to make sure that you’re not being duped into anything. I’m not saying that you might wind up getting scammed but it wouldn’t hurt to have a better idea of the resources and indicators that are already available and that you can learn to use on your own. Keep us posted on how it goes!

Most likely they will try to sell you something. If you want to attend trading classes just sign up here on BabyPips.

Between the school here and what u can find on the web to supplement it is much better than paying for something thats probably not gonna give much more insight.

Have you tried make a research about that course in the internet? What’s the feedback about them. Good part of the trading theory is available for free but you have to have a lot of spare time to gather and study it. Lot of information is quite obsolete so I doubt you can start to use it in trading straight away.
Its a double-edged sword, this course may be designed from some retired bank trader and contain lots of tips you probably won’t find on free resources. So get to know with the tutor, learn about his experience to know is it worth to spend money on it. I can suggest you to watch free webinars for example from FxStreet or Hotforex to get a clue about trading basics so you can make a comparisons with paid offline course and online one.

There’s no free lunch is an old saying, and to paraphrase it, there’s no free trading class. It’s just a method to attract audience (hey, it’s free, you have nothing to lose) to sell various expensive and most probably worthless services.

expect good talkers, positive presentation, and one heck or a persuasive speaker, just dont buy into it!! its gonna be more talks about success and how good the company is! best free class i would recommend is the school of babypips

Thank you for the input everyone.

To clarify, I’ve been using demo accounts and so on for a while, using babypips to slowly grow my knowledge, I was looking for a paid class originally, but finding a free one which was just convenient for me to get to meant I could get a feel from the company before investing any money.

I would expect them to try and sell me a course, as if they advertise paid courses, I would assume that the free course is just a way to entice customers.

They were very polite, and helpful, the evening was relaxed and I did get some useful information from them, they seemed eager to help me with a couple of issues I had been having, so if nothing else I did benefit from that.

The hosts did seem nice and confident in what they were presenting, and of course they did inform me that they had a one day class (paid) coming up, they weren’t particularly pushy with it which was good, just providing me with directions to more info on the website and some skills I could use from the course.

I did check it out on the website as I’ve looked at a few paid courses before, the price was actually lower than I expected which was nice, and the course outline seems like I would get a lot out of it.

However I haven’t booked onto anything yet, I’m going to continue testing what I picked up on the free night, taking into consideration all of your helpful comments, and see if I think the paid course is something I would benefit from right now.

I might attend a few other free classes elsewhere first, however all in all I wont lie I did enjoy the night, and would recommend the free class to people near Leeds as its easy to get to, and its free so there’ s that.

Again, thank you for your helpful comments, its nice to see a point of view from other traders who are more experienced than myself!

Happy trading :smiley: