Returning Trader-Could use your critique

Hello,

I am glad you are taking the time to look over my thread. I am here because like many others, I could use some expert advice. It is a pleasure to be a part of the community and I look forward to contributing to the forums!

Experience: 3 Years

Background: I traded forex when I was younger, between 18-21. I was not very informed and never took classes. I just kind of picked it up from my dad. I am going to be honest, it was love at first sight when I saw what forex was about. Long story short, I did not have a great understanding of leverage and risk management. Hence I won quickly, and thereafter lost quickly. Before I lost all of my funds I withdrew the remaining balance, walking away from forex forever. Or so I thought…

Past Week: So this past week I decided to open an Oanda Account. I read some good things, and some not so good things, about the broker. I decided “what the hell” let’s see if I can responsibly trade now that I am 24 and not desperate for wins.

And so I deposited my first $100.00 this week

I wanted to see if I could see some reasonable profit while managing my risk.
My goal was to never lose more than 2% on a trade.

I began trading without any indicators. Why? Because F*#! indicators. I remember the old days when I had tried different systems, nothing really worked for me…

I wanted to trade with my own experience. I wanted to trade by just being able to visualize the patterns and find on my own if I could turn in a profit consistently. And so it began…

Here are my trading conditions:

Risk: No more than 2% per trade
Leverage:No more than 10:1 (Even this is risky, but I have some experience)
Weekly Profit Goal:2% (I am rather conservative)

And so it began! I started trading on August 28th, 2015.

It is now one week later September 4th, 2015.

I have made [B]37 total trades[/B].

[B]Wins: 33[/B]
[B]Losses: 4[/B]

Starting Balance: [B]$100.00[/B]
Current Balance: [B]$111.81[/B]

Unexpectedly I made nearly [B]12% profit![/B]

It was so much different before. I was trading at 50:1 leverage. Almost maxing out my margin on trades. Nearly wiping out my account. I have learned so much, mainly from the forums.

I plan to slowly deposit more into my account. I could definitely use pointers as to how to improve my trading. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Prod

Set 1:50 leverage
Stupid to use 1:10 for 100 account.
Get margin call easily.
Small leverage no room for strategy,
Ridiculous.

Foolish to disrespect indicator. Keep an open mind for new ideas. Maintain discipline.

You say that you won’t lose more than 2% on a trade, what percentage of risk have you been taking per trade - is it the actual 2% each time?

1% per trade & a risk/reward off 1:1, with 33 wins & 4 losses, your return would be 29%. Obviously 2% risk would be double that.

Your risk/reward ratio is very important, you want to be winning more than you risk, preferably at least double.

You’d need to outline your expected RR & define the risk you’ve actually taken for me to judge your performance adequately.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.