Demo account from 1k to 50k?

Hi, so like my stated topic. On a demo account I was able to turn a 1k capital to 50k, in 2 days.

Of course I was playing aggressive all the way. My question is, if it were real money, and I played this the same way, would I have actually earned that amount?

No because real money would be on the line & the psychology behind that would mean that you’d be taking profit probably W-A-Y before you did on your demo account.

Go out on the street & challenge someone the same height & build as you to a running race. The outcome: it’s all a bit of banter.

Now go do the same for £100. Oh the pressure. Would you still commit? That guy’s wearing sporty gear, he could be fast. I feel a bit tired today. The doubts creep in & trading is the same.

Baz1982 is right. But it is also true that if you had done those exact trades and had gotten the exact execution with real money you would have had those gains for real. But the REAL question is what would you do next? The reality is that you will be unable to continue to repeat those same percentage gains. In fact, you will likely blow up. What is most likely is that whatever you were doing was great for those 2 days but will be catastrophic for most other periods of 2 days.

To test that, simply continue your strategy from this point forward in the demo account and see how things go.

-Adrian

Yes demo account are working same as the live accounts so you would earn same profits, but the thing is you will never do the same thing when you actually put real money in the account. The psychology will be different.

In my time as an EA trader, I have seen many EA’s perform beautifully in demo and then crash in live accounts. There are also those that practice arbitrage trading, works well in demo, but fails in real.
Open a small cent account with $10-$20. If you still get good results - open a micro - if it still performs well, go for standard.

Just my 2 cents.

Only one way to find out, take it live and see if you got it.

If you try that same stratergy on a real account, you could come unstuck. Having just done my first trade live after having been on a demo account, as some have mentioned, it is completely different. Start small and slowly build from there. While small a gain of 3.24 is a win. Match your lot sizes to your trading capital that you have for the real account.
Good luck

Whenever we are doing Demo trades it will not be the same as doing real trading because it is not just about the rates of the currencies but it is about the Trading psychology that will get changed :slight_smile:

I will like to trade on demo with minimum amount as $500 to $1000 rather than $50k . High capital is an illusion for traders they make high profits , think they will do same with real trading . I will recommend to use that much amount in demo trading which they will invest in real account . So that they will manage it accordingly.

Yes, you will earn the exact same amount of money if you trade in the same way. The question is, can you actually trade in the same way knowing it’s real money you’re risking?

Maximum amount in demo account is very helpful for newbies as they will be able to trade with huge margin and can learn more about money management and stay in market for more time insteade of stopping out.

The answer is yes… you can earn with the same amount you have made using your demo account as long as you trade the same emotions that you have feel the way you did in your demo account.

It is because that in demo account, there is no real money, keep in mind that if you will be in real trading then the scenario would be changed as real money keep the trader away from greed, so I would like to suggest you that don’t use the big lot size when you will invest in real trading.

Well if you said you did it in two days I guess it was heavy scalping on big volumes. Important point is that there is no Slippage and spread widenings on demo everything is running smooth there. On real account you face with all these drawbacks need to find a way of how to get around this issue. And as it’s been said psychology. Its completely different on real account. Sometimes pressure makes you commit mistakes and take wrong decisions.
Use SL and TP on real account if want to stay on the line for more than 2 days.
Good luck!

Demo account performance is only a glimpse of the fact that you have a good strategy that work in forex market. But when you combine money management with that strategy only then you get a clear picture of what you have. Many demo champions fail in real account trading.

in my view, it would not be the same. i completely agree with the baz as the pychology would be complete different when you are trading in a demo account than live account. the pressure would be completely different, you will have more pressure in case of live account, if you are making losses in demo account you would still hold that option while in case of live account you would certainly close that position same thing goes with profit, you would be ready to take small profits in your live account

pressure only exits if your unsure of your exits and entries. If you have DEFINITE targets, and stick to them, the only pressure is your assumption before entry into the price action.

If you feel pressure, then its because you know down deep, your strategy isnt secure enough to be care free.

All it is are numbers, relax.

Yes right, will very different emotion if we treat demo account which usually will free from emotion pressure, and demo account cant built up good psychology trading i think and if we want to develop better psychology trading hence real account better than demo account, although we an making huge profit in demo but not sure in real account.

You can take a goat, and shave his hair off, is he a different goat?

Theoretically speaking, yes, if you trade in the same way you should achieve the same results. However, can one trade in the exact same (as you said, aggressive) knowing that they’re doing so with their own money? That is a rhetocircal question, usually people can’t do it. The added psychological factor precludes them from doing so.